September 13, 2011 – Lumedx, a provider of fully integrated, cloud-powered cardiovascular imaging and information systems (CVIS), announced the release of the HealthView Chest Pain Management solution. HealthView Chest Pain Management makes pre-hospital electrocardiographs (ECG) instantaneously available to cardiologists for interpretation — and simultaneous comparison with prior ECGs, laboratory information and other patient data. By integrating current and historical information into a single view, the HealthView Chest Pain Management system bridges cardiac and emergency medicine, and transforms emergency cardiac care.
“Chest pain is the cause of about 12 million ED [emergency department] visits a year in the United States,” said Lumedx Vice President of Strategic Products Praveen Lobo. “The stakes in chest pain management are very high—high for the hospital and high for the patient. For example, it’s very costly to activate a cath lab when a patient presenting symptoms does not, in fact, need a percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). Resources are wasted. And of course it’s far more costly — and dangerous — to discharge a patient who needs a PCI. So getting the ECG and other clinical information in front of a cardiologist as soon as possible is crucial for successful outcomes and a successful hospital.”
Designed using American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association acute coronary syndrome (ACS) management guidelines, HealthView Chest Pain enables systematic, organized clinical pathways for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI), non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) and low-risk chest pain patients. The institution of systematic clinical pathways resolves key problems in the coordination and delivery of care in this high-risk area of medicine.
The HealthView Chest Pain Management solution:
- Integrates pre-hospital ECGs, lab results and other clinical information into a single dashboard view — accessible anytime, anywhere via Web PC, Mac or iPhone.
- Seamlessly connects the ED with the cardiovascular service line for improved patient care.
- Facilitates timely and fully informed decision-making; helps reduce door-to-balloon times and length of stay.
- Enables systematic, best-practice clinical pathways for STEMI, NSTEMI and low-risk chest pain patients.
- Supports registry participation and quality improvement (QI) efforts; allows easy monitoring of AMI Core Measures.
- Minimizes malpractice, RAC audit and other risks; maximizes revenue opportunity.
For more information: www.lumedx.com