May 29, 2015 — To meet both clinical and research needs of magnetic resonance (MR) customers, Toshiba America Medical Systems Inc. has implemented software and hardware upgrades for the Vantage Titan 3T MR imaging system. Available for new systems and for existing installations, these upgrades improve image quality and workflow so those in both the clinical and research settings have access to the highest levels of performance and information to provide the best possible care.
The upgrades feature several enhancements:
- Saturn Gradient: This entirely new gradient design option provides increased performance and image stability for maximum quality;
- fMRI Enhancements: With Pianissimo noise reduction technology, Titan 3T MR systems deliver quiet functional MRI (fMRI), ensuring a patient-friendly environment;
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging: With the benefit of the new gradient design and the Pianissimo noise reduction technology, Toshiba delivers outstanding performance in a patient-friendly environment;
- Isotropic Imaging: Toshiba’s mVox 3-D isotropic imaging makes high-quality multiplanar reconstruction (MPR) 3-D post-processing possible in any plane;
- Arterial Spin Labeling: Time-SLIP labeling provides improved visualization of cerebral vascular circulation without the use of contrast media;
- 16-Channel Flex Medium and Large Coils: These multipurpose coils improve signal-to-noise ratio for better high-resolution imaging of a variety of anatomical regions; and
- Updated M-Power Interface: This user-friendly interface now includes more flexibility in parameters and new sequences to offer operators better control and faster access to crucial information.
Toshiba will showcase these upgrades to the Vantage Titan 3T system at this year’s International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) annual meeting in Toronto, May 30-June 5, 2015.
For more information: www.medical.toshiba.com