November 2, 2009 – Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc. has introduced the Aplio MX ultrasound system, a compact system that offers premium clinical performance and high-end features at an affordable price point.
Toshiba aims to meet the needs of hospitals that use ultrasound as a first-line diagnostic exam, requiring them to have cutting-edge ultrasound technology available to quickly and efficiently perform a range of patient exams.
With the Aplio MX, hospitals will be able to complete advanced ultrasound exams, usually performed with larger, more expensive ultrasound systems, using this smaller, less expensive system without sacrificing quality. The Aplio MX is commercially available now.
The Aplio MX is approximately 30 percent lighter than traditional cart-based systems and improves ergonomics with its 19-inch flexible monitor and customizable key console. It can also include Toshiba’s iAssistTM technology, which pre-registers frequently used protocols into the system, saving time during exams and increasing productivity for facilities performing multiple exams daily.
Toshiba’s Aplio MX ultrasound system includes:
• 4D imaging to produce high resolution renderings and arbitrary volume cuts in real-time or offline allowing virtual reconstruction in formats similar to CT and MRI.
• Differential Tissue Harmonic Imaging for the better imaging of difficult-to-image patients, like bariatric, without sacrificing resolution to give superior border and tissue definition.
• ApliPure to enhance both image clarity and detail definition with real-time compounding technology to simultaneously perform spatial and frequency compounding during transmitting and receiving.
• Advanced Dynamic Flow to provide color Doppler imaging at an unprecedented level and show flow with directional information for even the smallest vessels.
• Precision Imaging to provide more detailed ultrasound images by capturing information from multiple lines to improve definition of the structure and minimizing noise and clutter.
The Aplio MX is the latest addition to Toshiba’s strategic platform of quality ultrasound systems to meet a range of customer needs and offer value at every level and price point.