March 7, 2017 — Lumedx Corp. announced recently it has been chosen by Adventist Health System to provide a cardiovascular information system (CVIS) designed to help the faith-based healthcare system further enhance cardiovascular care delivery. Solutions to be deployed include software for analytics, reporting workflows, cardiology picture archiving and communication system (PACS) integration, inventory management and scheduling.
Adventist Health System is a faith-based healthcare organization headquartered in Altamonte Springs, Fla., with 45 hospital campuses and more than 8,300 licensed beds in nine states. Phase 1 of the long-term, multiphase CVIS project will be implemented at Florida Hospital Tampa, where clinicians have performed more than 76,000 angioplasty procedures and more than 11,000 open-heart surgeries. The second phase of the project will be implemented at nine Central Florida facilities.
Prior to selecting Lumedx, Adventist Health System conducted a detailed analysis that consisted of a comprehensive evaluation of its systems, process and protocols.
“Working with Lumedx enables us to implement a single system to manage our cardiology services across our system,” said Jackie Willis, vice president and chief clinical information officer for Adventist Health System’s information technology department. “This solution will allow us to collect data across our healthcare system to enhance clinical workflow and identify best-practice approaches, which will ultimately increase efficiency and streamline processes for care delivery for our patients.”
The Lumedx solution will:
- Provide analytical tools that facilitate data-driven decisions in Adventist Health System’s cardiovascular service lines;
- Connect independent data sources;
- Eliminate duplicative data collection;
- Provide remote access to the CVIS for physicians;
- Provide a comprehensive structured reporting solution with systemwide image management; and
- Support compliance with federal, state and professional oversight bodies.
For more information: www.lumedx.com