August 21, 2009 – The Cardiovascular Rearch Foundation, the sponsor of the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) symposium, will feature a series of featured clinical trials in addition to the late-breaking clinical trials at TCT 2009 in San Francisco.
These featured clinical trials represent groundbreaking research and will yield data and insight that will further the field of interventional cardiology. Special presentations will be made 2-6 p.m., Sept. 24 between at the Moscone Center.
Session I. Drug-Eluting Stents
• ZEST: Final Angiographic and IVUS Results From a Large-Scale Randomized Trial of Zotarolimus-Eluting, Sirolimus-Eluting and Paclitaxel-Eluting Stents
Cheol Whan Lee, M.D.
• CEREA-DES: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Corticosteroids in Patients Undergoing Stent Implantation
Flavio L Ribichini, M.D.
• STATINS PRE-PCI: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Statins Prior to Stent Implantation in Patients with Stable Angina
Josef Veselka, M.D., Ph.D.
• NEVO RES-ELUTION I QOL: Formal Quality-of-Life Assessment from a Prospective Randomized Trial of a Novel Sirolimus-Eluting Stent and a Paclitaxel-Eluting Stent
John A. Spertus, M.D.
• CILOTAX: A Prospective, Randomized, Controlled Trial of a Stent Eluting Cilostazol and Paclitaxel
Cheol Whan Lee, M.D.
• BIOFREEDOM: A Prospective Randomized Trial of a Polymer-Free Biolimus A9-Eluting Stent
Eberhard Grube, M.D.
Session II. ACS Therapies and Novel Imaging Approaches
• MISTRAL: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Ambulance-Initiated vs. Cath Lab-Initiated Intravenous Abciximab in Patients with STEMI
Patrick Ohlmann, M.D., Ph.D.
• COCKTAIL: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Intracoronary Abciximab Infusion in Patients with Thrombotic Lesions Assessed by OCT
Francesco Prati, M.D.
• NO REFLOW: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Intracoronary vs. Guide Catheter Infusion of Nitrates vs. Calcium Channel Blockers in Patients with No Reflow After Primary PCI in STEMI
Junbo Ge, M.D.
• OCTAMI: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Zotarolimus-Eluting and Bare-Metal Stents in STEMI Assessed by OCT
Giulio Guagliumi, M.D.
Session III. End-Stage, Structural Heart and Endovascular Intervention
• The Canadian Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation Program: Acute and Late Follow-up from a Multicenter Consecutive Series of Patients with Inoperable or High-Surgical Risk Aortic Stenosis
Josep Rodes-Cabau, M.D.
• CROSS-CLI: A Prospective Multicenter Registry of Ultrasound-Facilitated Recanalization of Peripheral Chronic Total Occlusions
David E. Allie, M.D.
• ARMOUR: A Prospective, Nonrandomized Study of the Mo.Ma Proximal Cerebral Protection Device in High Surgical Risk Subjects Undergoing Carotid Artery Stenting
Gary M. Ansel, M.D.
• PROVASA: A Prospective, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Intra-Arterial Progenitor Cell Transplantation of Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells in Patients with Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease
Dirk H. Walter, M.D.
• ACT34-CMI: One-Year Results from a Prospective, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Phase II Trial of CD34+ Cells in Patients with Refractory Angina
Douglas W. Losordo, M.D.
For more information: www.tctconference.com