The European Society of Cardiology (ESC) will host several Hot Lines sessions that will include some of the latest clinical science presentations in cardiology at the 2020 annual congress digital meeting. The meeting has gone virtual due to the ongoing pandemic.
The congress is planned for Saturday, Aug. 29, through Tuesday Sept. 1, 2020. Read more on ECS's move to a digital meeting.
ESC said the event will include live presentations and panel discussions. To find out more, visit the event website at https://www.escardio.org/Congresses-&-Events/ESC-Congress
Hot Line sessions below are all in Central European Summer Time (CEST):
Saturday, Aug. 29
• Hot Line 1: EMPEROR-Reduced: Empagliflozin in Heart Failure With a Reduced Ejection Fraction, With and Without Diabetes. 14:30 - 15:00
• Hot Line 2: EXPLORER-HCM: Efficacy and Safety of Mavacamten in Adults with Symptomatic Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. 15:30 - 16:00
• Hot Line 3: EAST – AFNET 4: Effects of Early Rhythm Control Therapy in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. 17:00 - 17:30
Sunday, Aug. 30
• Hot Line 4: ATPCI - Trimetazidine in Angina Patients with Recent Successful Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. 14:00 - 14:30
• Hot Line 5: POPULAR TAVI -Aspirin With or Without Clopidogrel. 14:30 - 15:00
• Hot Line 6: PARALLAX: Sacubitril/Valsartan versus Individualized RAAS Blockade in Patients with HFpEF. 16:30 - 17:00
Monday, Aug. 31
• Hot Line 7: LoDoCo2 Low-Dose Colchicine in Coronary Disease. 14:00 - 14:30
• Hot Line 8: HOME-PE - Hospitalisation or Outpatient Management of PE Patients - HESTIA vs. Simplified PESI. 14:30 - 15:00
• Hot Line 9: BPLTTC - Blood Pressure Lowering for Prevention of Cardiovascular Events across Different Levels of Blood Pressure. 16:30 - 17:00
Tuesday, Sept. 1
• Hot Line 10: BRACE CORONA: Continuing vs. Suspending ACE Inhibitors and ARBs in COVID-19. 14:00 - 14:30
• Hot Line 11: IMPACT-Afib Implementation of Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation. 14:30 - 15:00
• Hot Line 12: REALITY - A Trial of Transfusion Strategies for Myocardial Infarction and Anemia. 16:30 - 17:00
Other ESC Clinical Studies
Study Shows Severe Fainting Can Be Treated with Cardiac Pacing Supported by Closed Loop Stimulation
Icosapent Ethyl Significantly Reduces Coronary Plaque in EVAPORATE Study
Read the article Highlights From the 2019 ESC Congress.