April 30, 2015 — The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) announced the following late-breaking clinical trials to be presented at its 2015 Scientific Sessions, May 6-9 in San Diego:
Thursday, May 7, 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Pacific Time
Session Moderators: Ted A Bass, M.D., FSCAI, and Gregg W. Stone, M.D., FSCAI
- Orbital Atherectomy Treatment of Severely Calcified Coronary Lesions: Two-Year Results of the ORBIT II Trial and Long-Term Economic Analysis, presented by Jeffrey Chambers, M.D., FSCAI
- Ticagrelor versus Clopidogrel in Troponin-negative Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome Undergoing Ad Hoc Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Results of a Prospective, Randomized, Multicenter Pharmacodynamic Study, presented by Roxana Mehran, M.D., FSCAI
- Impact of Combined Lipid Lowering with Calcium Channel Antagonist-based Blood Pressure Control on Coronary Plaque Regression: MILLION Study, presented by Masa-aki Kawashiri, M.D.
Friday, May 8, 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Pacific Time
Session Moderators: Matthew Price, M.D., FSCAI, and Roxana Mehran, M.D., FSCAI
- OUTSIDE START Cilostazol Bridging Study: 8-Year Experience with Outpatient Cilostazol Bridging in High Stent Thrombosis Risk Paclitaxel Drug-Eluting Stents in Patients Having Surgery During the Proven At-Risk Period, presented by Charles L. Laham, M.D., FSCAI
- 90 Day Effectiveness and Safety of Prasugrel vs. Clopidogrel as Used in Clinical Practice in Patients With ACS Undergoing PCI: Initial Findings from the PROMETHEUS Study, presented by Usman Baber, M.D.
- Impact of an Integrated Treatment Algorithm Based on Platelet Function Testing and Clinical Risk Assessment: Results of the TRIAGE study, presented by George D. Dangas, M.D., Ph.D., FSCAI.
For more information: www.scai.org