July 1, 2014 — GE Healthcare announced clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its new Vivid T8 cardiovascular ultrasound device. The 129-pound, mobile system features quantitative features, stress echo and TEE capabilities in an affordable echo system.
GE has enhanced the reach of the Vivid T8 by combining the established cardiac imaging capabilities of GE Vivid systems with shared services performance of the company's Logiq systems. The Vivid T8, cardiovascular ultrasound system is rugged, reliable, robust and rich with features, yet still affordable and convenient to use.The system is backed with three years of service coverage.
Scanning With Convenience
Designed to be easy to use yet clinically versatile, the T8 features an intuitive user interface with touch-screen capabilities, rotary dials and patient management buttons with the look and feel of a true Vivid console. Additionally, it provides access to up to four transducer ports allowing increased, easier access to more clinical procedures.
The Vivid T8 system allows healthcare providers access to advanced quantitative tools and delivers shared service image quality, with options to customize the system to fit each healthcare provider’s needs. Key clinical applications include:
- Tissue Velocity Imaging — captures dynamic information from moving heart tissue to quantify left ventricular function.
- AutoEF — automatically assesses left ventricular ejection fraction using an automated, speckle-tracking ROI tool.
- SmartStress — automatically adjusts settings to help enhance workflow, reproducibility, and diagnostic confidence.
- Automated Function Imaging — assesses and quantifies left ventricular wall motion at rest, and calculates parameters to describe left ventricular wall function.
- Auto IMT — provides automatic edge detection for intima-media thickness and auto-completes required measurements.
- Adult multiplane transesophageal echo transducers are available for specific echo examinations
- Monitoring and guidance to support interventional procedures
- Virtual Convex — extends the field of view when using linear transducers.
- Logiq View - increases the field of view to image large organs that typically cannot be seen in a single image.
- B-Flow — provides advanced spatial and temporal resolution to help assess blood flow and vessel wall structure without the limitations of Doppler.
- Blood Flow Imaging — helps enhance visualization of blood flow dynamics using a unique signal-processing algorithm.
For more information: www.gehealthcare.com