March 8, 2016 — Lumedx Corp. announced that it has been selected to provide a cardiovascular information system (CVIS) for four CoxHealth hospitals. Based in Springfield, Mo., CoxHealth chose the Lumedx HealthView platform for its robust analytics software and because the company offers the ability to integrate disparate systems with a single sign-on.
CoxHealth, a nationally recognized heart hospital, is highly focused on continually improving performance and quality of care while minimizing inefficiency. The Lumedx software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution will provide CoxHealth with comprehensive cardiovascular data management that leverages existing clinical systems, connects isolated data sources, integrates with the enterprise electronic health record (EHR/EMR), eliminates redundant data collection, and provides data intelligence tools so information can be used to make meaningful and positive changes in the service line.
“We believe the tools offered by Lumedx will help us make better decisions for our patients and health system,” said James Ceasar, CoxHealth’s medical director, cardiovascular services. “The analytic tools will provide close to real-time information on our quality and financial data, which, in turn, will allow us to become a more nimble service line.”
Lumedx and CoxHealth listed the following additional goals of the project:
- By connecting and housing all cardiovascular information in a dedicated data repository, CoxHealth can repurpose data to analyze, act on areas of improvement, and significantly reduce manual efforts and errors;
- By integrating data across all modalities and four hospitals, physician satisfaction will improve because doctors will have the relevant cardiovascular patient history and information they need to make the best decisions, improve diagnoses and elevate clinical outcomes;
- By automating physician structured reporting across all modalities, CoxHealth can decrease abstraction and transcription costs; and
- By utilizing visual dashboards for strategic analysis, administration and staff will be able to identify areas with the greatest opportunity for improvement and make changes that result in significant savings.
Lumedx software applications to be deployed via CoxHealth’s secure, private cloud include:
- Physician structured reporting;
- CardioPACS (picture archiving and communication system) image management;
- Analytics dashboards and reports;
- Billing and charge capture; and
- Integration suite
For more information: www.lumedx.com