May 5, 2008 - Questions on what tools, systems and technology are needed to successfully automate anticoagulation therapy management will be addressed in the complimentary webinar "Leveraging CVIS Integration to Automate Anticoagulation Therapy: Steps to Achieving Data Automation, Single-Source Documentation, 24-7 Multi-User Access," held on Thursday, May 15, 10 am PDT.
Virginia Mason Medical Center's David LaMarche, director, The Heart Institute at Virginia Mason and Stephen Von Bargen, DBA, systems administrator, will share how they transformed Virginia Mason's vision of an integrated, multiclinic data management system into reality. LaMarche and Von Bargen will discuss ways to build a system that supports multiclinic integration with direct, real-time interface to the hospital EMR; and the essentials to leveraging your CVIS to achieve better clinical care, more efficient workflow, lower operating costs and system-wide integration.
The webinar aims to address:
- How an integrated CVIS streamlines the flow of data.
- Why an integrated point-of-care lab system enables mistake-proof lab data transfer and real-time clinical results.
- How system improved patient safety by enabling record review across all seven Virginia Mason locations.
- How an integrated CVIS solution eliminated excessive data entry, consolidated documentation from disparate systems and created a paperless system.
- What healthcare providers can learn from best practice techniques such as "Kaizen" and "Lean Tools" to develop processes that support quick implementation and quality outcome by focusing upon a patient-centered process.
For more information: www.lumedx.com/leverageCVIS/default3.asp