New cardiac ultrasound technologies featured at the 2021 ASE meeting include intracardiac ultrasound (ICE) imaging from Biosense Webster (left), and cloud-based, vendor-neutral strain imaging from Epsilon Imaging (right).
June 29, 2021 – The virtual exhibit hall at American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) 2021 Scientific Sessions Virtual Experience featured more than 30 companies and organizations highlighting the latest vendor technology and other services. Demonstrations included artificial intelligence (AI) software and intracardiac echocardiography (ICE) technologies, how to incorporate strain and ultrasound enhancing agents (UEAs) into lab procedures. The cardiac ultrasound conferences was held June 18-21.
Below are highlights from the virtual exhibit hall:
• ARDMS examinations no have the option of being take at a testing center or at home online to meet credentialing and career goals. For more information: www.ardms.org
• Biosense Webster featured intracardiac echocardiography (ICE) technologies. The SoundStar Ultrasound Catheter with the CartoSound Module delivers real-time ICE imaging and navigation to enable workflow efficiencies during electrophysiology (EP) procedures. This includes real-time monitoring of the ablation catheter tip to reduce radiation exposure and improve confidence. Increase insight into the heart during transseptal punctures. The Acuson AcuNav Ultrasound Catheter provides high resolution 2-D grayscale and Doppler models that help better understand structural orientation, visualize cardiac chamber borders and verify tissue contact.
• Canon Medical Systems is making echo easier with imaging clarity and definition with significantly enhanced resolution alongside excellent penetration, automating tedious measurements like EF and strain. Canon said it also is addressing sonographer comfort with Healthy Sonographer Platforms that address ergonomic concerns. For more information: https://us.medical.canon
• Caption Health is using AI to solve the issues of accessibility in ultrasound and empowering more healthcare workers to use this diagnostic tool. Caption Health offers the first FDA-cleared AI-powered guidance software in Caption AI to help novice or less experienced sonographers get optimal diagnostic images. For more information: CaptionHealth.com. View JAMA article.
• CardioVillage now makes it easier to customize CE educational options. The Echocardiography Bundle consists of general and focused echocardiography content selected to meet the echocardiographer’s 15-hour annual CE requirement. Users can also purchase single courses or build their own bundle. The classic annual subscription is still available providing access to every course for one year. For more information: Cardiovillage.com
• Epsilon Imaging is further improving quality, standardization and workflow in echo analysis with its newest solution, EchoInsight Zero Footprint (ZF). By making it easy to incorporate echo strain imaging into routine clinical practice, EchoInsight ZF provides user-friendly functionality enabling a highly efficient workflow for clinicians to analyze studies at any CVIS workstation with a web-browser. Additionally, no software is required to be loaded on client workstations with this new zero footprint architecture. EchoInsight is a vendor-neutral platform with clinical strain imaging applications, automated cardiac function measurements based on ASE guidelines and seamless integration for any size echo program.
• GE Healthcare showed its latest AI-based technology with Vivid Ultra Edition designed to help reduce tedious tasks and improve workflow efficiency. Download the new whitepaper, The Role of AI in Streamlining Echocardiography Quantification, which shows how AI-based tools reduce exam time, minimize operator fatigue with up to 80% less clicks to get 2-D measurements, and diminish inter-observer variability. And watch a video presentation from Dr. Praveen Mehrotra, Director of Echocardiography at Thomas Jefferson University, on Echocardiography’s Important Role in Structural Heart Interventions. Vivid Ultra Edition is Powered by AI. Elevated by You.
• ImageGuideEcho Registry: Learn about our seamless data submission, continued alignment in quality with IAC, and link to outcomes data. The Registry now has over 36,000 records and is growing! We will also have two live Q&A Sessions where you will have the opportunity to speak with Registry representatives. For more information: https://imageguideregistry.org/echo-2/
• Lantheus Medical Imaging Inc. hosted a symposium during the ASE 2021 Virtual Experience entitled Improving Quality and Efficiency in Echocardiography. Dr. Omar Husseini and Gina Conigliaro-Brito discussed how ultrasound enhancing agents (UEAs) can improve quality and efficiency in echocardiography. They provided practical insights into the implementation of UEAs to improve overall quality patient care.
• National Board of Echocardiography (NBE) has open exam dates for 2022. For more information: https://echoboards.org/Echoboards/Content/Exam_Landing.aspx
• Trillium Technology offered the ShowCase Image Center Bundle, which provides an inexpensive and scalable medical image storage and review solution, with pricing starting at $3,800, including the first year of phone support. ShowCase Image Center receives images via DICOM for storage and networked study review using the ShowCase Premier image viewer. Both in office and remote viewing are supported.
For more information: ASEcho.org