September 2, 2014 — Philips has launched Affiniti. The new ultrasound system made its debut at the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Congress 2014 in Barcelona.
Built on the same architecture as Philips’ Epiq ultrasound, Affiniti meets the needs of physicians who are challenged with treating large volumes of patients on any given day. Philips collaborated with hundreds of physicians around the world, who provided feedback to help inform Affiniti’s ergonomic design, which led to an intuitive, easy-to-use system. Philips put the system through 4,500 hours of reliability testing with the demands of a busy medical practice and heavy workload in mind.
Key features include:
- Crisp, clear images that enable fast, confident diagnosis and reduce the need for additional exams;
- Philips’ PureWave transducer technology, delivering excellent image quality with little or no need for image adjustment for technically difficult patients;
- Anatomical Intelligent Ultrasound, providing automatic anatomy recognition and quantification, making it easy to perform exams and quickly deliver new levels of clinical information;
- Automation tools such as AutoSCAN, Auto Doppler and SmartExam to reduce the number of steps required to complete each exam, resulting in enhanced workflow;
- Digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) and PC format capabilities to allow seamless information-sharing
Affiniti is not yet available for sale but will be available in several European markets in 2014, with the U.S. launch slated for 2015.
For more information: www.philips.com/affiniti