August 28, 2015 — Philips Healthcare is showcasing its latest cardiology solutions at the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Congress 2015. Solutions include Heart ModelA.I., EchoNavigator and IntelliSpace Cardiovascular, that connect people and technology with care protocols to assist diagnosis, guide treatment and enable home care.
The vendor said its products offer a holistic approach to cardiovascular care, featuring digital tools and capabilities for image guided therapy and ultrasound, intravascular imaging and sensing, treatment, patient monitoring, healthcare IT and advanced software applications driving advancements in predictive and precision medicine in cardiovascular care.
"Holistic cardiovascular care looks beyond the disease to understand what really matters for all involved along the patient journey," said Bert van Meurs, general manager, image-guided therapy for Philips. "Our patient-centric solutions enable novel and effective minimally invasive procedures to diagnose and treat cardiovascular disease. These solutions also support physicians when assessing disease states, help decide and guide the right treatment and confirm whether interventions were successful. In addition, our recent acquisition of Volcano will increase our capabilities to deliver this support to both physicians and patients."
Philips' newest ultrasound technology cardiac tool, HeartModelA.I., brings automated 3-D views, robust reproducibility and advanced quantification to cardiac ultrasound imaging, will make its European debut. Philips will also offer demonstrations at the booth of its advanced imaging and ultrasound solutions designed for every step of the patient journey, including:
• HeartModel - part of a suite of new tools and technologies available on Philips' EPIQ Ultrasound system designed to enhance automation and reproducibility, and helps to address some of the most critical strains on overburdened hospitals and healthcare systems challenged to provide higher quality care at lower costs
• IntelliSpace Cardiovascular — this workspace gives access to the full range of images and includes a cardiac history timeline to provide a comprehensive overview of the patients' care along the health continuum
• Minicare 1-20 Acute — A user-friendly handheld point-of-care blood testing platform that speeds up clinical diagnosis by providing results within minutes
• EchoNavigator — Fuses live 3-D TEE and X-ray in real time to provide image guidance in the 3-D space, supporting physicians in complex structural heart procedures to decide, guide and confirm the optimal treatment path, enabling better patient outcomes and more cost effective care
• AlluraClarity — simplifies procedures and improves workflow, while delivering excellent image quality at a lower dose
• Volcano IVUS (intravascular ultrasound) — provides detailed and accurate measurements of the vessel and over a wide range of clinical studies has been shown to help ensure accurate stent expansion and apposition and a reduced need for x-ray imaging
• Volcano iFR Scout — pullback technology that reveals the physiologic profile of the entire vessel and is optimized to assess serial lesions and diffuse coronary disease enabling physicians to make informed treatment decisions
For more information: www.philips.com/esc