August 12, 2015 — 3M announced 12 new color options for its Littmann Classic III line of stethoscopes. The colors range from Plum to Pearl Pink to Caribbean Blue and Lime Green. There are also four new color combinations with smoke and rainbow chestpiece finishes.
The Classic III stethoscope is a dependable clinical tool that provides high acoustic sensitivity for performing general physical assessments. With a two-sided chestpiece, dual tunable diaphragms, convertible open bell, improved tubing, and much more, the Classic III stethoscope combines new and traditional elements, including:
- Tunable diaphragms on both the adult and pediatric sides of the chestpiece. The pediatric side is useful for small or thin patients, around bandages and for carotid assessment;
- Pediatric side converts to an open bell. Just remove the single-piece diaphragm and replace it with a non-chill rim;
- Single-piece diaphragm is easy to attach and easy to clean because the surface is smooth without crevices;
- Open bell stays clear of dirt and debris by covering it with the small diaphragm;
- Next-generation tubing lasts longer with improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol, making it less likely to pick up stains; and
- No natural rubber latex or phthalate plasticizers are used in the tubing or any other component.
For more information: www.littmann.com, www.3m.com