October 9, 2017 — Medis has released a new version of its QAngio CT (computed tomography), which can now be launched from the Medis Suite imaging platform. QAngio CT v3.1 provides a detailed analysis of plaque burden of the coronary system with comprehensive results.
Features of QAngio CT include:
- Support for CT angiography (CTA) studies of all major CT vendors;
- Access to CTA studies across the network;
- Import of CTA studies from local storage media (hard disk, USB and CD/DVD);
- DICOM connectivity, receiving cases, and query and retrieve;
- Centralized database, thick client solution possible with multiple clients;
- Loading of prior exams in parallel.
- Viewing 3-D CTA series, double oblique viewing, MPR, MIP, slabbed MIP, VR; and
- Efficient caliper measurements.
CTA analysis workflow
- Fully automatic extraction of the complete coronary tree;
- Semi-automatic editing of coronary tree;
- Automatic labeling of the segments in the coronary tree with anatomical names;
- Analyze multiple vessels at the same time;
- A two-step contour detection approach per vessel for both lumen and vessel contours:
- Longitudinal detection: provides quick overview of border and allows easy corrections which will propagate to the transversal step.
- Transversal detection: Based on the longitudinal contours and corrections.
- Edit contours in longitudinal and transversal images simultaneously; and
- Flexible lesion detection and definition using synchronized views of the vessel data (stretched MPR, curved MPR, graphs).
- Simple contour editing workflow (two steps)
- Automatic segment labeling for reporting and statistics
CTA analysis results
- Lumen and plaque statistics:
- Degree of stenosis (diameter and area)
- Lesion length
- Plaque burden
- Plaque volume (per lesion and per vessel)
- Vessel remodeling index
- Mean plaque and lumen intensities
- Fixed and adaptive thresholding methods for plaque characterization;
- Plaque characterization components according to Virtual Histology classification; and
- Vessel segment labeling.
- All analysis results including coronary tree, contours, lesion parameters and vessel labels can be saved and reloaded again for reviewing and/or exporting;
- Easy data export for quantification data (Excel or copy-to-clipboard);
- Batch processing of quantified parameters from multiple studies into a single spreadsheet
- Segment based
- Lesion based
- Slice based; and
- Screenshots (jpeg, png, copy to clipboard, DICOM snapshots).
For more information: www.medis.nl