May 10, 2019 — Here is the list of the late-breaking hot line studies being presented at the 2019 EuroPCR interventional cardiology meeting, May 21-24, in Paris, France.
EuroPCR 2019 Hot Line and Trial Update
Tuesday May 21, 12:00 - 13:15, Main Arena, Level 1
• Mitral regurgitation after MitraClip implantation: relationship between residual mitral regurgitation and clinical and functional outcomes from the COAPT trial. Presented by S. Kar.
• Percutaneous edge-to-edge repair in patients with heart failure and secondary mitral regurgitation: a PCR statement. Presented by B. Prendergast.
• GLOBAL Leaders substudy: ticagrelor monotherapy in complex PCI (multivessel, long lesions, bifurcation)
Presented by P.W. Serruys
• Three-year clinical outcome following treatment with thin, very thin or ultrathin strut DES in small coronary vessels in BIO-RESORT. Presented by C. Von Birgelen
• Real-life clinical outcomes with the use of an ultrathin sirolimus-eluting stent: a report from the Swedish coronary angiography and angioplasty registry. Presented by S. Buccheri.
Long-term Clinical Outcomes After TAVI
Tuesday May 21, 13:45 - 15:15 Theatre Bordeaux, Level 3
• Five-year outcomes after TAVI with balloon-expandable vs. self-expanding valves: results from the CHOICE randomized clinical trial. Presented by M. Abdel-Wahab.
• Valve performance and echocardiographic data throughout eight-year follow-up after TAVR. Presented by L. Testa.
• 10-year follow-up of patients treated with TAVI. Presented by J. Sathananthan.
• Prosthetic valve endocarditis after transcatheter or surgical AVR with a bioprosthesis. Presented by N. Moriyama.
• Infective endocarditis after TAVI - A nationwide study. Presented by H. Bjursten.
• Impact of Renin-Angiotensin System inhibition in patients following TAVI. The multicentre RASTAVI study. Presented by I.J. Amat-Santos.
Peripheral Interventions and Techniques for Access Site
Tuesday May 21, 13:45 -15:15, Room 342A, Level 3
• Ultrasound guidance to reduce vascular complications of percutaneous transfemoral TAVR. Presented by F. Vincent.
• Standard vs. Ultrasound-guided Radial and Femoral access (SURF) - A randomized controlled trial. Presented by P. Nguyen.
• Echo-doppler evaluation of radial artery permeability following coronary angiography. Presented by A. Rougé.
• Six-month clinical outcomes of sirolimus-eluting bioresorbable peripheral scaffold system indicated for below-the-knee lesions. Presented by V. Someshwar.
• Are DCB safe? Not all DCBs are the same. New data: EFFPAC 2-year safety and efficacy. Presented by U. Teichgräber.
Clinical Outcomes After Interventions With Drug-coated Balloons
Tuesday May 21, 15:30 -17:00 Theatre Bordeaux, Level 3
• PCR Statement - Clinical outcomes after interventions with DCB. Presented by A. Lansky.
• Short-term clinical outcomes after treatment of de novo coronary lesions, in-stent restenosis and totally occluded stenotic portion using sirolimus-eluting balloon. Presented by S. Selvamani.
• DCB vs. DES for the treatment of small coronary artery lesions: angiographic analysis from the randomised BASKET-SMALL 2 trial. Presented by R. Jeger.
• Percutaneous treatment and outcomes of small-vessel coronary artery disease: a report from the Swedish Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty Registry. Presented by A. Silverio.
• Revascularization with paclitaxel-coated balloon angioplasty vs. drug-eluting stenting in AMI: a prospective, randomized controlled trial. Presented by N. Vos.
• Angiographic and OCT assessment of a new DCB for the treatment of in-stent restenosis. Presented by J.M. De La Torre Hernandez.
• Clinical outcome of a novel sirolimus-coated balloon in patients with coronary artery disease. Presented by B. Cortese.
Tricuspid and Mitral Valve Repair
Tuesday May 21, 15:30 -17:00, Room 342A, Level 3
• Early procedural outcomes from subjects treated with next-generation MitraClip (NTR/XTR) system: initial observations from the Global EXPAND study. Presented by J. Hausleiter.
• GISE registry of transcatheter treatment of mitral valve regurgitation (GIOTTO): beginning analysis of one-year follow-up. Presented by F. Bedogni.
• Mitraclip procedure as bridge therapy for heart transplantation: the "MitraBridge" international study. Presented by C. Godino.
• Leaflet edge-to-edge treatment vs. direct annuloplasty in patients for functional mitral regurgitation. Presented by M. Weber.
• The mitral valve repair clinical trial (MAVERIC) - First presentation of the two-year follow-up in 45 patients. Presented by S. Redwood.
• Percutaneous edge-to-edge repair for tricuspid regurgitation: primary outcomes from the TRILUMINATE clinical trial. Presented by G. Nickenig.
Hotline: new developments in TAVI
Wednesday May 22, 8:30-10 a.m. Theatre Bordeaux, Level 3
• TAVR with a supra-annular, self-expanding valve in patients at low risk of mortality following surgery. Presented by T. Modine.
• 30-day outcomes following TAVI with a supra-annular self-expanding valve with pericardial wrap: primary results from the FORWARDPRO study. Presented by E. Grube.
• Acute outcomes of a novel transcatheter heart valve to treat degenerated surgical valves - The VIVALL multicentre, single-arm, pilot study. Presented by U. Schaefer.
• Safety, feasibility and acute performance of the Leaflex Performer when used pre-TAVI in aortic stenosis patients - The Leaflex Performer feasibility study. Presented by A. Baumbach.
• One-year clinical outcomes of India's first indigenously designed and manufactured TAVR system. Presented by A. Seth.
• Clinical outcomes of the Portico transcatheter aortic valve delivered via alternative access: 30-day results of the Portico ALT study. Presented by A. Linke.
Early trials and First-in-Man in mitral valve replacement
Wednesday May 22, 8:30-10 a.m. Room 342A, Level 3
• Mitral regurgitation severity predicts one-year therapeutic benefit of Tendyne transcatheter mitral valve implantation. Presented by V. Badhwar.
• Transcatheter mitral valve implantation in patients with severe mitral annular calcification: early results from the Tendyne MAC study. Presented by M. Goessl.
• One-year outcomes of transcatheter mitral valve-in-valve, valve-in-ring and valve-in-mitral annular calcification: results from the MITRAL trial. Presented by M. Guerrero.
• Early feasibility study of the Cardiovalve transfemoral mitral valve system. Presented by F. Maisano.
• Innovative design of a transcatheter transapical mitral valve and update on Tiara I and Tiara II clinical data. Presented by L. Conradi.
Innovative First-in-Man trials and early phase studies
Wednesday May 22, 10:30-12:00 Room 342A Level 3
• Percutaneous therapeutic IVUS pulmonary artery denervation for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (TROPHY1): a multicentre, international, open-label trial. Presented by A. Rothman.
• Comparison of radiofrequency ablation vs. cryodenervation in patients with pre-capillary pulmonary hypertension. Presented by D. Feschenko.
• Validation of a novel catheter-based renal denervation system of cryoablation (Cryo-RDN) in patients with resistant hypertension: a first-in-man study. Presented by J.B. Ge.
• Renal denervation prevents atrial fibrillation and reduce cardiovascular death in patients with hypertensive heart disease. Presented by M. Heradien.
• NOGA-guided intramyocardial CERA injections. Presented by M.W. Bergmann.
• Early transendocardial injection of autologous bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells following ischaemic myocardial events: the Alster-Helix registry. Presented by C. Paitazoglou.
• The AFR-Prelieve trial: Atrial Flow Regulator in Heart Failure Patients. Presented by M.W. Bergmann.
Clinical outcomes after DES implantation: impact of strut thickness
Wednesday May 22, 10:30-12:00 Theatre Bordeaux, Level 3
• Insight in real-world PCI practice and clinical outcomes of patients treated with a new-generation DES. Presented by M. Roffi.
• Revascularisation strategy of multivessel PCI - Data from a worldwide registry. Presented by D. Hildick-Smith.
• Target AC 2-year follow up results. Presented by B. Xu.
• DESSOLVE III: a randomised comparison of a sirolimus-eluting bioabsorbable polymer-coated stent vs. an everolimus-eluting durable polymer stent in an all-comer population - 36-month update. Presented by P.W. Serruys.
• Clinical outcomes with cobalt chromium biolimus-eluting compared with stainless steel biolimus-eluting DES in all-comer patients - Registry. Presented by I. Menown.
• MILES-Global - Safety and efficacy of sirolimus-eluting stent system in all-comer real-world population with coronary artery stenosis. Presented by M. Hudec.
• Nine-month clinical outcomes of a biodegradable polymer ultrathin sirolimus-eluting stent in an all-comer population undergoing PCI. Presented by I. Menown.
Trials and registries - Clinical outcomes after DES implantation for complex PCI
Wednesday May 22, 14:45 - 16:15 Theatre Bordeaux, Level 3
• The CELTIC Bifurcation study. Presented by S. Walsh.
• Reverse TAP vs. DK crush for coronary bifurcations: interim analysis of the rTAP trial. Presented by I. Tsiafoutis.
• The impact of the extent of side branch disease on outcomes following bifurcation stenting. Presented by M. Zimarino.
• A global clinical study of world's first sirolimus-eluting tapered coronary stent system for diffused long coronary lesions. Presented by P. Agostoni.
• Safety and performance of the world's first tapered coronary stent for long coronary lesions: six-month experience in real world settings. Presented by D. Davidson.
• CONventional antegrade vs. Sub-Intimal Synergy sTENTing in CTO. One-year OCT findings and two-year clinical outcomes. Presented by S. Walsh.
Managing bleeding risk in search of optimal drug-device synergy
Thursday May 23, 08:30-10:00 Theatre Bordeaux, Level 3
• The risk of major bleeding with novel antiplatelet agents after an acute coronary event: a comparison of ticagrelor and clopidogrel in 5,116 consecutive patients in clinical practice. Presented by L. Mullen.
• Microvascular integrity and left ventricular function recovery after clopidogrel or ticagrelor administration, in patients with STEMI treated with thrombolysis. Presented by M. Hamilos.
• Randomized evaluation of short-term DAPT in patients with ACS treated with new-generation DES. Final two-year results of the REDUCE trial. Presented by G. De Luca.
• Shorter duration of triple anti-thrombotic therapy in atrial fibrillation patients undergoing coronary stenting. Presented by T. Hoshi.
• LAA occlusion with the Amplatzer Amulet device: primary results of the prospective global Amulet observational study. Presented by D. Hildick-Smith.
Long term clinical outcomes after Bioresorbable Stent (BRS) implantation
Thursday May 23, 10:30-12:00 Theatre Bordeaux, Level 3
• Final three-year outcomes of patients receiving everolimus-eluting BRS in real-world practice: the ABSORB U.K. registry. Presented by N.E.J. West.
• France ABSORB registry: three-year follow-up. Presented by R. Koning.
• BRS implantation in STEMI patients: five-year follow-up of PRAGUE-19 study. Presented by P. Tousek.
• Comparison of ABSORB BRS with Xience everolimus-eluting metallic stent in routine PCI: three-year clinical outcomes of the AIDA trial. Presented by J. Wykrzykowska.
• MeRes-1 Extend: Two-year clinical and imaging outcome results with a thin-strut, sirolimus-eluting bioresorbable vascular scaffold in patients with coronary artery disease. Presented by A. Abizaid.
• Three-year clinical and two-year multimodality imaging results of thin-strut sirolimus-eluting BRS in patients with coronary artery disease. Presented by P. Chandra.
TAVI Randomized Trials and Registries: Procedural Aspects and Outcomes
THURSDAY 23 MAY 2019 10:30 -12:00 ROOM 341 / LEVEL 3
• Predilatation vs. direct TAVI: DIRECTAVI trial. Presented by F. Leclercq.
• Comparison of pre-dilatation vs. direct implantation in TAVI with a self-expanding valve. A multicentre randomized trial. Presented by K. Toutouzas.
• Clinical predictors for procedural stroke and implications for embolic protection device during TAVI: results from the multicentre Transcatheter Aortic valve implantation in-hoSpital stroKe study (TASK study). Presented by I.M. Barbash.
Bicuspid aortic valve morphology and outcomes after TAVR. Presented by R. Makkar.
• Annular vs. supra-annular sizing for TAVR in bicuspid aortic valve stenosis. Presented by W.K. Kim.
• TAVI-SMALL: international multicentre registry to evaluate performance of currently available self-expandable valves in small aortic annuli. Presented by D. Regazzoli.
• ASSESS-REGURGE: quantitative assessment of aortic regurgitation using videodensitometry in a multicontinental trial. Presented by R. Modolo.
• A randomized, sham-controlled study of forced diuresis with matched hydration in reducing acute kidney injury during TAVI (REDUCE-AKI). Presented by Y. Arbel.
New Trials in Coronary Imaging and Physiology
THURSDAY 23 MAY 2019 14:45 -16:15 THEATRE BORDEAUX / LEVEL 3
• The use of an FFR-CT revascularization planning-tool to guide coronary artery disease management in patients with multivessel disease. Presented by E. Van Belle.
• Redefining physiological patterns (diffuse versus focal) of epicardial disease by coronary pressure pullbacks. Presented by C. Collet.
• A randomized trial evaluating on-line 3-D optical frequency domain imaging guided PCI vs. angiography guided in bifurcation lesions. Presented by Y. Onuma.
• Optical coherence guidance for distal left main stenting - Final results of the ROCK II study. Presented by B. Cortese.
• A serial optical frequency domain imaging study of early and late vascular responses of sirolimus-eluting stent with bioresorbable polymer for treatment of STEMI and stable angina pectoris patients - Final results of MECHANISM-ULTIMASTER. Presented by Y. Morino.
• Accuracy of OCT-based FFR in identifying hemodynamic significance of coronary stenosis. Presented by S. Tu.
• Prognostic value of quantitative flow ratio measured immediately after successful stent implantation: the international multicentre prospective HAWKEYE study. Presented by S. Biscaglia.
• Routine FFR measurement after PCI: two-year follow-up of the the FFR-search study. Presented by R. Diletti.
Stents and Procedural Techniques for the Treatment of High-risk Patients
THURSDAY 23 MAY 2019 16:30 -18:00 THEATRE BORDEAUX / LEVEL 3
• Results of the prospective European Registry on Rotational Atherectomy Presented by D. Carrié
• OCT assessment of calcium severity in patients treated with rotational atherectomy vs. modified balloons prior to DES implantation: results from the randomized PREPARE-CALC trial. Presented by M. Abdel-Wahab.
• Scoring balloon predilation before bioresorbable vascular scaffold implantation in patients with in-stent restenosis: the RIBS VI scoring study. Presented by F. Alfonso Manterola.
• Everolimus-eluting BRS system in the treatment of cardiac allograft vasculopathy: the Cardiac Allograft Reparative Therapy (CART) prospective multicentre pilot study. Presented by F. Ribichini.
• Primary intra-aortic balloon support versus inotropes for decompensated heart failure and low output: A randomized trial. Presented by C. den Uil.
• Observational multicentre registry of patient treated with IMPella mechanical circulatory support device in ITaly: the IMP-IT registry. Presented by A. Chieffo.
• Cardiac arrest and death during elective PCI: a European multicentre registry. Presented by K. Ameloot.
For more information on the conference: www.pcronline.com