Ten out of the top 25 videos in 2019 are from hospital site visits DAIC conducted and shot more than 10 video interviews and recorded cath lab procedures at each center. Two of the videos here are walk throughs of cath labs, showing how Henry Ford Hospital and the University of Colorado set up their main hybrid rooms for structural heart procedures. This photo is from a MitraClip procedure during the University of Colorado visit last December.
Feature | December 30, 2019 | Dave Fornell, Editor
Top 25 Cardiology Videos on DAIC in 2019
Here are the top performing 25 videos posted to the DAIC website in the past year, based on Google Analytics. These the the top viewed videos based on more than 475,500 video pageviews in 2019.
1. VIDEO: Why Are There So Many Foreign Doctors? — William Pinsky, M.D., and Mandeep Mehra, M.D., medical director of the Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) Heart and Vascular Center, explain the U.S. doctor shortage and how foreign doctors help fill the gap.
2. VIDEO: An Overview of PFO Closure to Treat Cryptogenic Stroke — Karen Orjuela, M.D., assistant professor of neurology at the University of Colorado Stroke and Brain Aneurysm Center, explains the heart-brain team approach to screening cryptogenic stroke patients for transcatheter patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure.
3. VIDEO: Artificial Intelligence Applications for Cardiology — Anthony Chang, M.D., chief intelligence and innovation officer, Children's Hospital of Orange County, and medical director of the Sharon Disney Lund Medical Intelligence and Innovation Institute explains how AI is being integrated in healthcare.
4. VIDEO: Photo-realistic Lighting to Enhance 3D Echocardiography — This is a demonstration of the the Philips TrueVue photo-realistic rendering and lighting source technology.
4. VIDEO: An Overview of Echo Strain Imaging — Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie, M.D., Ph.D., director of echocardiography at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and chair of ASE 2019, explains how cardiac ultrasound strain imaging is being used and where the technology is at.
6. VIDEO: New Echo Technology to Evaluate the Fetal Heart — This is an example of the new Fetal HQ heart and vascular software from GE Healthcare for fetal ultrasound.
7. VIDEO: Cryoballoon Ablation Best Practice Guidelines — Wilber Su, M.D., chief of cardiac electrophysiology, Banner University Medical Center, Phoenix, explains the HRS best practices document on cryoballoon ablation. He led the development of that document.
8. VIDEO: The Cardiac Surgeon Perspective on Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair — Joe Cleveland, M.D., University of Colorado Hospital, offers a cardiac surgeon's perspective as part of the heart team for reviewing patient cases for transcatheter mitral and aortic interventions.
9. VIDEO: Use of an Antibacterial Envelope to Reduce Infections for Pacemakers, ICDs — Khaldoun Tarakji, M.D., MPH, associate section head, section of electrophysiology and pacing, Cleveland Clinic, presented the WRAP-IT late-breaking trial at the American College of Cardiology (ACC) 2019 meeting.
10. VIDEO: Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement Planning — Joao Cavalcante, M.D., FSCCT, director of structural heart CT and cardiac MRI, Minneapolis Heart Institute, discusses transcatheter mitral valve replacement (TMVR) imaging requirements at the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT) 2019 meeting.
11. VIDEO: The Role of Advanced Imaging in Structural Heart Interventions — Robert Quaife, M.D., director of advanced cardiac imaging, University of Colorado Hospital, explains why advanced imaging techniques are required to tackle complex transcatheter procedures and structural heart interventions.
12. VIDEO: Editor's Choice of the Most Innovative New Cardiac Technology at AHA 2018 — DAIC Editor Dave Fornell takes a tour of some of the most innovative new cardiovascular technologies on display on the expo floor at the...
13. VIDEO: New Guidelines for Echo Contrast Agents — Sharon Mulvagh, M.D., FASE, FACC, FRCPC, Dalhousie University, explains the latest updates to guidelines for the use of cardiovascular ultrasound enhancing imaging agents.
14. VIDEO: The Evolution of Complex PCI at University of Colorado — Interview with John Messenger, M.D., FACC, FSCAI, director of the cardiac cath labs and director of the cardiovascular ICU/stepdown unit, and Kevin Rogers, M.D., director of vascular medicine at the University of Colorado Hospital.
15. VIDEO: Realistic Cinematic Reconstruction of a Heart CT Scan — An example of Siemens' photo-realistic Cinematic image reconstruction. This image is from a CTA exam from a Siemens Force CT scanner.
16. VIDEO: Ultrasound With Contrast Revascularized 50 Percent of Patients Prior to PCI in Study — Thomas Porter, M.D., FASE, University of Nebraska Medical Center, explains a new study on how cardiac ultrasound imaging combined with bubble contrast was able to break down blood clots and restore blood flow to blocked vessels in STEMI heart attack patients.
17. VIDEO: Walk Through of a Hybrid Cath Lab at the University of Colorado Hospital — This is a walk through inside one of the cardiac hybrid cath labs.
18. VIDEO: Use of Wearable Medical Devices for Cardiac Rehabilitation — Robert Klempfner, M.D., director of the Cardiovascular Prevention Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Israel, discusses his center's use of wearable devices to manage a remote cardiac rehabilitation program.
19. VIDEO: Walk Through of the Henry Ford Hospital Structural Heart Cath Lab — This is a walk through of the primary structural heart hybrid cath lab at Henry Ford Hospital...
20. VIDEO: Use of Wearables to Track Electrophysiology Patients — Khaldoun Tarakji, M.D., MPH, Cleveland Clinic, explains how wearable devices and smart phone apps can be used to aid electrophysiologists in patient care.
21. VIDEO: Transcatheter Mitral Valve Interventions at Henry Ford Hospital — Marvin Eng, M.D., structural fellowship director at Henry Ford Health System, and William O'Neill, M.D., director of the Henry Ford Hospital structural heart program, explain the mitral valve repair program at Henry Ford.
22. VIDEO: Evolution of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair at the University of Colorado — John Carroll, M.D., FACC, FSCAI, director of interventional cardiology, and Robert Quaife, M.D., director of advanced cardiac imaging, explain the development of the transcatheter mitral valve repair program at the University of Colorado Hospital.
23. VIDEO: Using an iPhone to Perform a Cardiac Ultrasound Exam — This is an example of a cardiac echocardiography exam performed using an iPhone and the Butterfly IQ ultrasound transducer and app.
24. VIDEO: New Cholesterol Guidelines Support CT Calcium Scoring for Risk Assessment — Matthew Budoff, M.D., UCLA, spoke at the 2018 American Heart Association (AHA) meeting on the new AHA guidelines for cholesterol, including the use of computed tomography (CT) calcium scoring scans to assess...
25. VIDEO: Developing New Cath Lab Technologies With Real-time Collaboration Between Industry, Doctors — Alex Haak, Ph.D., clinical scientist at Philips Health Systems North America, works directly with physicians in the University of Colorado cath lab to gather immediate feedback and improve next generation fusion imaging technologies used for structural heart interventions.