November 21, 2016 — Philips introduced DoseWise Portal 2.2, a next-generation radiation dose management software platform for healthcare providers to record, track and analyze radiation exposure to patients and clinicians. The latest version of DoseWise Portal includes enhanced connectivity and informatics capabilities to address key challenges faced by radiology departments, such as managing dose exposure to ensure patient and staff wellbeing, and improving integrated access to patient information to deliver data-driven decision support.
Radiation dose management and safety are growing concerns as clinicians and health systems comply with new Joint Commission standards related to computed tomography (CT) imaging protocols and dose optimization. Additionally, the new Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) payment program, MACRA, includes dose management-related requirements clinicians must follow for more accurate and complete reimbursement.
Philips will demonstrate DoseWise Portal 2.2 (still in the research phase of development) at this year's Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting, Nov. 27-Dec. 1 in Chicago. Demonstrations will highlight the platform’s new capabilities, including integration with Philips IntelliBridge Enterprise for HL7 functionality and IntelliSpace PACS (picture archiving and communication system). Collectively, these new features enable clinicians to access more patient information, helping them to more easily interpret patient radiation dose per exam across modalities and analyze overall cumulative exposure.
Philips DoseWise Portal 2.2 integrates with key Philips health IT systems as well as third-party radiology dictation software to provide radiologists with greater patient information access and data capture for more informed decision support about dose management. DoseWise Portal 2.2 is now integrated with:
- IntelliSpace PACS – Users may view the patient's exam radiation exposure directly from the PACS image, or by retrieving the patient's total radiation exposure exam history from the modality worklist;
- IntelliBridge Enterprise – Allows users to query/retrieve crucial updated patient demographics from the hospital's electronic medical record (EMR), such as body mass index (BMI) weight and age, for use with the DoseWise Portal; and
- Radiology dictation software – Enables patient radiation exposure to be populated into dictation reports, saving time and helping to reduce transcription errors.
DoseWise 2.2 is a multi-vendor and multi-modality solution that collects patient radiation dose data from X-ray modalities and allows for enhanced customer data analysis. In addition to the expanded integrations, the platform also includes:
- Expanded connectivity to Philips DoseAware products – Compatibility with DoseAware and DoseAware Xtend combines patient and staff dose information into a single display for deep analytics of radiation exposure. The entire family of DoseAware products are now compatible with DoseWise Portal; and
- Customized user-friendly Analytics Package – Intuitive user interface and enhanced "Chart Builder" charting and graphing functionality simplifies reporting needs and includes a customizable dashboard and popular reporting formats.
For more information: www.usa.philips.com/healthcare