May 15, 2019 — The Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) had 21 late-breaking study presentations at the 2019 Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions. Here is a completed list of the studies presented with links to more information. This includes the latest in clinical research, techniques and technologies in cardiac electrophysiology (EP). For more details on HRS 2019, visit www.hrssessions.org.
Late Breaking Clinical Trials Session I
Thursday, May 9, 8 – 9:30 a.m.
• Transcutaneous Electrical Vagus Nerve Stimulation To Suppress Atrial Fibrillation (TREAT AF): A Randomized Clinical Trial
Late Breaking Clinical Trials Session II: New Data for Device Therapies
Friday, May 10, 1:30 – 3 p.m.
• Update From The Prevention Of Arrhythmia Device Infection Trial (PADIT); Development Of The PADIT Infection Risk Score
• Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy In Chemotherapy-induced Cardiomyopathy: Results Of The Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial - Chemotherapy-induced Cardiomyopathy (MADIT-CHIC) Study
Late Breaking Clinical Trials Session III: Late-Breaking Science
Friday, May 10, 4:30 – 6 p.m.
• Prospective Evaluation Of Feasibility, Electrophysiological And Echocardiographic Characteristics Of Left Bundle Branch Area Pacing
Late Breaking Clinical Trials Session IV: Innovations
Saturday, May 11, 10:30 a.m. - Noon
• First-in-human Chronic Implant Experience Of The Medtronic Substernal Extravascular Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
Other HRS 2019 News:
VIDEO: Use of an Antibacterial Envelope to Reduce Infections for Pacemakers, ICDs — Interview with Khaldoun Tarakji, M.D.
VIDEO: Key Trends in Electrophysiology — Apple Watch to Detect AF and the CABANA Trial — Interview with Christine Albert, M.D.,
Industry News at HRS 2019: