May 30, 2017 — The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) 2017 Scientific Sessions took place May 10-13, 2017 in New Orleans. The annual meeting included several late-breaking presentations on the latest advances in interventional cardiology. Article links are included for the key presentations.
Late-breaking Study Presentations
• Adventitial Dexamethasone Reduces Inflammatory Biomarker Levels After Peripheral Artery Balloon Angioplasty or Atherectomy: Results from the DANCE Trial. Presented by Ehrin J. Armstrong, M.D., MSc, MAS, FSCAI.
• CD34+ Stem Cell Therapy Improves Exercise Time and Mortality in Refractory Angina: A Patient Level Meta-Analysis. Presented by Thomas J. Povsic, M.D., Ph.D.
• Effect of Bivalirudin Versus Unfractionated Heparin in Patients with Baseline or New-Onset Atrial Fibrillation in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: From the BRAVO-3 Randomized Trial. Presented by Anita W. Asgar
• Clopidogrel Response Evaluation and Anti-Platelet Intervention in High Thrombotic Risk PCI Patients (CREATIVE trial). Presented by Yida Tang, M.D., Ph.D., FSCAI.
• Interaction Effects of Race/Ethnicity and Sex on Outcomes after PCI: A Subanalysis of the PLATINUM Diversity study. Presented by Wayne B. Batchelor, M.D., MHS, FSCAI.
• Outcomes of Early vs. Late Revascularization in Low and High Risk Patients Hospitalized with Non ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Surveillance Study. Presented by Sameer Arora, M.D., at 11:30 a.m.
• Efficacy and Safety Outcomes of Radial vs. Femoral-Access Robotic Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Final Results of the Multicenter PRECISION Registry. Presented by Ehtisham Mahmud, M.D., FSCAI.
• Day of the Week PCI-Related Hospitalization Occurs Determines Likelihood of Survival. Presented by Byomesh Tripathi, M.D.
SCAI Video Coverage
Watch VIDEO coverage of key SCAI 2017 news, courses and trials at www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYpLxw1Ganwa5kJFa3TrFAY5l1-Jeu9Ax
Late-breaking Trials From TCT and ACC:
For more information: www.scai.org/SCAI2017/default.aspx