The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) 2016 Scientific Sessions took place May 4-7, 2016 in Orlando, Fla. The event included data from clinical trials on some of the latest advances in interventional cardiology. The late-breaking clinical trials presentations include the following, including links to related stories on these trials:
Wednesday, May 4, 1:15 - 2:15 p.m. Eastern Time
• Effect of the AVERT Contrast Modulation System on Contrast Dose Reduction and Acute Kidney Injury After Coronary Angiography and PCI, presented by Roxana Mehran, M.D., FSCAI.
• Clinical Evaluation of the Cadence Device in the Acoustic Detection of Coronary Artery Disease: The TURBULENCE Study, presented by Joseph Thomas, M.D., FSCAI.
• Demonstration of the Safety and Feasibility of Robotically Assisted Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Complex Coronary Lesions: Results of the Complex Robotically Assisted Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (CORA-PCI) Trial, presented by Ehtisham Mahmud, M.D., FSCAI.
• Risk Directed Interventions in Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI): An Enterprise Approach for Reducing Bleeding Events, presented by Jerome E. Granato, M.D.
Thursday, May 5, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time
• Plaque Morphology Predictors of Side Branch Occlusion after Provisional Stenting in Coronary Bifurcation Lesion: Results of Optical Coherence Tomography Bifurcation Study (ORBID), presented by Annapoorna Kini, M.D.
• Final Results for THE ATHENA TRIALS: Autologous Adipose Derived Regenerative Cells (ADRCs) for Refractory Chronic Myocardial Ischemia with Left Ventricular (LV) Dysfunction, presented by Timothy D. Henry, M.D., MSCAI.
• Efficacy of STENTYS Self-Apposing Bare Metal Nitinol Stents in Patients Undergoing Primary PCI: Results from the APPOSITION V Trial, presented by Roxana Mehran, M.D., FSCAI.
• Final Results for the Renew Trial: A Phase 3, Randomized, Double Blinded, Active-Controlled, Unblinded Standard of Care Study Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of Intramyocardial Autologous CD34+ Cell Administration in Patients with Refractory Angina, presented by Timothy D. Henry, M.D., MSCAI.
Friday, May 6 | 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time
• Sex Based Differences in Outcomes With Transcatheter Aortic Valve Therapy: From the STS/ACC TVT Registry, presented by Roxana Mehran, M.D., FSCAI.
• Sex-Based Differences in Patients Less than 50 Years of Age Undergoing PCI for Acute Coronary Syndromes, presented by Jaya Chandrasekhar, MBBS.
• Moderate vs. General Anesthesia for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: An STS/ACC Transcatheter Valve Therapy Registry Analysis, presented by Jay Giri, M.D., MPH.
For more information on the late-breaking trials and featured clinical research being presented at the meeting, visit: www.scai.org/SCAI2016LBCT.