July 28, 2021 — Here is the complete list of late-breaking clinical trials (LBCT) and links to articles on all of them from the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) 2021 meeting. For more information on the meeting, visit https://heartrhythm.com.
Late Breaking Clinical Trials and Registry
Thursday, July 29, 8:15 AM - 9:15 AM CDT
• STROKE VT Trial: Safety And Efficacy Of Periprocedural Direct Oral Anticoagulant Versus Aspirin Use For Reduction Of The Risk Of Cerebrovascular Events In Patients Undergoing Ventricular Tachycardia Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation. Presented by Dhanunjaya R. Lakkireddy.
• A Randomized Pilot Study Of Perioperative Spinal Cord Stimulation To Prevent Post-CABG Atrial Fibrillation: 30-day Safety And Efficacy Outcomes. Presented by Alexander B. Romanov.
• A Randomized Trial Of Early First-Line Catheter Ablation For Ventricular Tachycardia: Results From The Pan-Asia United States Prevention Of Sudden Cardiac Death Trial (PAUSE-SCD). Presented by Roderick Tung.
Late Breaking Clinical Innovations
Thursday, July 29, 12:45 PM - 1:45 PM CDT
• Continuous ECG Monitoring Versus Mobile Telemetry: A Comparison Of Arrhythmia Diagnostics Between Human And Algorithm Dependent Systems. Presented by Mark Willcox, M.D.
• Analysis Of Behavior Of Af Sources With Electrographic Flow Mapping. Presented by David E. Haines.
Late Breaking Clinical Trials Updates
Friday, July 30, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM CDT
• Oral Contraceptive Use And The Risk Of Cardiac Events In Women With Congenital Long QT Syndrome. Presented by Ilan Goldenberg.
• Early Rhythm Control Therapy In Patients With Atrial Fibrillation And Heart Failure (EAST – AFNET 4). Presented by Andreas Rillig.
• Economic Outcomes Of Ablation Versus Drug Therapy In CABANA. Presented by Derek Chew.
Late Breaking Science
Friday, July 30, 12:45 PM - 1:45 PM CDT
• Sinus Node Sparing Hybrid Thoracoscopic Ablation Outcomes In Patients With Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia (Susruta-IST Registry). Presented by Dhanunjaya R. Lakkireddy.
• Left Bundle Branch Optimized Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (LOT-CRT): Results From International LBBAP Collaborative Study Group. Presented by Marek Jastrzebski.
• Ganglionated Plexus Ablation To Prevent Atrial Fibrillation (GANGLIA-AF Trial). Presented by Min-young Kim.
• First-in-human Clinical Experience With A Novel 4-D ICE Catheter During Catheter Ablation And LAA Closure Procedures. Presented by Vivek Y. Reddy.
Related HRS Conference Coverage:
VIDEO: Multi-Site Pacing Effective in Initial Nonresponders to Conventional Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy — Interview with Samir Saba, M.D.