May 21, 2020 — Here is the list of late-breaking study presentations and links to articles about each of them from the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) 2020 Scientific Sessions Virtual Conference, which toiok place May 14-16. Sessions share the latest advances in interventional cardiology and featured late-breaking clinical research. Find the entire virtual meeting program and links to the archived on-demand sessions at www.scai.org/scai2020.
Featured Interventional Cardiology Clinical Research
Thursday, May 14, 2020 2:50-4:40 pm EDT
• Safety and Efficacy of the Synergy Biodegradable-Polymer Everolimus-Eluting Stent vs. Durable-Polymer Drug-Eluting Stents in High-Risk Patients Undergoing PCI: Insights From the TWILIGHT Trial, presented by Usman Baber, M.D
• Reduction of Revascularization in Patients with Hypertriglyceridemia With Icosapent Ethyl: Insights From REDUCE-IT REVASC, presented by Benjamin E. Peterson, M.D.
• Autologous CD34 Cell Therapy for Treatment of Coronary Microvascular Dysfunction in Patients With Angina and Non-Obstructive Coronary Arteries, presented by Timothy D. Henry, M.D.
• Outcomes with Intermediate Left Main Disease on Coronary CT Angiography in the ISCHEMIA Trial (ISCHEMIA Intermediate LM Substudy), presented by Sripal Bangalore, M.D.
• Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) Measures Predicting Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR): The OMEF Study, presented by Rocco Vergallo, M.D.
• Strict Versus No Fasting Prior to Cardiac Catheterization: A Prospective Evaluation of Safety and Clinical Outcomes: Can We Safely Have Our Patients Eat With Cardiac Catheterization – Nix or Allow: The CHOW NOW Study, presented by Abhishek Mishra, M.D.
Congenital Heart Disease Late-Breaking Science
Friday, May 15, 2020 1:30-2:25 pm EDT
• Primary Outcomes of the Harmony Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve Pivotal Trial, presented by John P. Cheatham, M.
• The Melody Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve: 10-Year Outcomes in the Original U.S. Investigational Device Exemption Trial Cohort, presented by Thomas K. Jones, M.D.
• One-Year Results From the COMPASSION S3 Trial: Treatment of Patients With a Dysfunctional Right Ventricular Outflow Tract (RVOT) Conduit or Previously Implanted Pulmonic Valve With the Sapien 3 Transcatheter Heart Valve, presented by Vasilis C. Babaliaros, M.D.
Other SCAI 2020 News:
How Cardiology Dealt With the COVID-19 Surge in New York City — Columbia Medical Center's efforts explained by Ajay Kirtane, M.D.
For more information or to view the full program: www.scai.org/scai2020