October 15, 2020 — The late-breaking studies are one of the hallmarks of the annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) meeting. Here is the list of the 2020 virtual meeting presentations of groundbreaking, highly-impactful clinical research in interventional cardiology and structural heart advances. More than 30 late-breaking clinical trials and science will be presented. Each study has links to articles.
Find more details at www.tctconnect.com/tct-program-late-breaking-trials-and-clinical-trials
Late-Breaking Clinical Trial Session I, Co-sponsored by JACC: Vulnerable Plaque Detection and Treatment
Wednesday, October 14, 2020, Main Arena
Late-Breaking Clinical Science Session I, Co-sponsored by Circulation: Acute Myocardial Infarction Interventions
Wednesday, October 14, 2020, Main Arena
• NACMI: Outcomes From the North American COVID-19 STEMI Registry. Lecturer: Timothy Henry
• COMPARE CRUSH: A Randomized Trial of Prehospital Crushed vs Uncrushed Prasugrel in STEMI. Lecturer: Georgios Vlachojannis
• TICO-STEMI: A Randomized Trial of Ticagrelor Monotherapy vs Ticagrelor With Aspirin in STEMI. Lecturer: Byeong-Keuk Kim
Late-Breaking Clinical Trial Session II, Co-sponsored by JAMA
Thursday, October 15, 2020, Main Arena, 11 AM - 12 PM
• SCOPE II: A Randomized Trial of Two Self-expanding TAVR Bioprostheses. Presented by Corrado Tamburino.
• REFLECT II: A Randomized Trial of a Cerebral Embolic Protection Device During TAVR. Presented by Jeffrey Moses.
• MITHRAS: A Randomized Trial of ASD Closure After TMVR. Presented by Philipp Lurz.
Late-Breaking Clinical Science Session II
Thursday, October 15, 2020, Main Arena, 12:30 – 1:30 PM
• Disrupt CAD III: Safety and Effectiveness of Intravascular Lithotripsy for Treatment of Severe Coronary Calcification. Presented by Dean Kereiakes.
• XIENCE 90/28: Assessment of Three-Month and One-Month DAPT After Everolimus-Eluting Stents in High-Bleeding Risk Patients. Presented by Roxana Mehran, Marco Valgimigli.
VIDEO: Use of Shorten DAPT and the Xience Stent in High-bleeding Risk Patients — Press conference for trial and expert panel discussion
• DEFINE-PCI: One-Year Outcomes in Patients With Post-PCI Residual Ischemia. Presented by Manesh Patel.
• ULTIMATE: Three-Year Outcomes After IVUS-Guided vs Angiography Guided DES Implantation. Presented by Junjie Zhang.
Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics 2020 Late-Breaking Clinical Trial Session III, Co-sponsored by Lancet
Friday, October 16, 2020, 11 AM – 12:00 PM
• FORECAST: A Randomized Trial of CTA and FFR-CT Decision-making in Patients With Chest Pain. Presented by Nick Curzen.
• TARGET FFR: A Randomized Trial of Physiology-Guided PCI Optimization. Presented by Damien Collison.
• DEFINE-FLOW: An Observational Study of Deferred Lesions After FFR and CFR Assessment. Presented by Nils Johnson.
Late-Breaking Clinical Science Session III
Friday, October 16, 2020, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
• SOLVE-TAVI: One-Year Outcomes of a Factorial Randomized Trial of Self-expandable vs Balloon-expandable TAVR and General vs Local Anesthesia. Presented by Hans-Josef Feistritzer
• STS/ACC TVT Registry: Cerebral Embolic Protection and TAVR Outcomes. Presented by David J. Cohen
• MitraBridge: Outcomes of MitraClip Treatment as Bridge Therapy to Heart Transplantation. Presented by Cosmo Godino.
• Global EXPAND: One-Year Outcomes With Third Generation MitraClip NTR and XTR Systems. Presented by Saibal Kar.
Late-Breaking Clinical Trial Session IV, Co-sponsored by European Heart Journal
Saturday, October 17, 2020, Main Arena, 11 AM – 12:00 PM
• OPTIMIZE: A Randomized Trial of a Novel, Ultra Low Profile Fixed-Wire DES. Presented by Dean Kereiakes.
Late-Breaking Clinical Science Session IV
Saturday, October 17, 2020, Main Arena, 12:30 – 1:30 PM
• IREMMI: Outcomes of MitraClip in Patients With Acute Mitral Regurgitation in AMI With and Without Cardiogenic Shock. Presented by Rodrigo Estevez-Loureiro.
• SCOPE I: One-year Results From a Randomized Trial of Self-expanding vs Balloon-expandable TAVR. Presented by Thomas Walther.
• TRANSIT: Treatment of Failed TAVR With TAVR. Presented by Luca Testa.
• PARTNER 2: Five-Year Follow-up From the Aortic Valve-in-Valve Registries. Presented by John Webb.
Endovascular 1: Late-Breaking Clinical Trials and Science
Sunday, October 18, 2020, Main Arena, 11 AM - 12:30 PM
• VOYAGER PAD: Long-term Safety of Drug-Coated Devices in Peripheral Artery Revascularization. Presented by Connie Hess
• IN.PACT BTK: A Randomzied Trial of Drug-Coated Balloon Angioplasty in the Infrapopliteal Arteries. Presented by Antonio Micari.
• TANGO: A Randomized Dose-Escalation Trial of Temsirolimus Adventitial Delivery to Improve Below the Knee Outcomes. Presented by Ehrin Armstrong.
Other TCT News and Studies:
VIDEO: What to Expect at the Virtual TCT 2020 Meeting — Interview with Juan F. Granada, M.D., CEO of the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF)
VIDEO: Interventional Structural Heart Advances Are Rapidly Expanding — Interview with Juan Granada, M.D.
VIDEO: Overview of Drug-coated Balloons — Interview with Juan Granada, M.D.
VIDEO: Survey Shows Large Disconnect in Medical Technology Across Continuum of Care — Interview with Nick West, M.D., chief medical officer for Abbott Vascular
VIDEO: Overview of Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Closure Technology and New Innovations — Interview with Horst Sievert, M.D.
VIDEO: Artificial Intelligence May Improve Cath Lab Interventions — Interview with Nick West, M.D.,