May 16, 2017 — Here is a list of the late-breaking clinical trials presented at the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) 2017 annual meeting May 10-13, in Chicago. The data presented is for the latest in electrophysiology (EP) clinical research, techniques and technologies. These trials were featured at Heart Rhythm 2017 and will be published in the July issue of the Heart Rhythm Journal.
Late-breaking Studies Presented at HRS 2017:
• The S-ICD Post-market Approval Study
• Intra-nasal Etripamil For Conversion Of Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT). Node-1 Trial
• A Leadless Pacemaker In The Real-world Setting: The Micra Transcatheter Pacing System Post-approval Registry
• EWOLUTION trial: 1-Year Efficacy and Safety of Left Atrial Appendage Closure with WATCHMAN in Patients with or without Contraindication to Oral Anticoagulation
• High Incidence Of Previously Unknown (“Silent”) Atrial Fibrillation In Patients At High Risk For Atrial Fibrillation And Stroke: Primary Results From The REVEAL AF Study
• Compliant Endovascular Balloon Reduces the Lethality of Superior Vena Cava Tears During Transvenous Lead Extractions
• First-in-man Feasibility Study Of Subcutaneous Defibrillation Utilizing An Integrated Flexible String Shaped Defibrillator
• PV Isolation With A Novel Multielectrode Radiofrequency Balloon Catheter That Allows Directionally-tailored Energy Delivery (RADIANCE): A Multicenter First-in-man Experience
• A Prospective Randomized Trial of Apixaban Dosing During Atrial Fibrillation Ablation: The AEIOU (Apixaban Evaluation Of Interrupted Or Uninterrupted Anticoagulation For Ablation Of Atrial Fibrillation) Trial
• Long Detection Programming In Single Chamber Defibrillators Reduces Unnecessary Therapies And Mortality: The Advance III Trial
• SPECT-guided Left Ventricular Lead Placement For Improved CRT Efficacy: A Randomized Controlled Trial
• Ranolazine in High-Risk ICD Patients (RAID) Trial
• Pulmonary Vein Isolation With Versus Without Continued Antiarrhythmic Drug Treatment In Subjects With Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation: Results From The Powder Af Multicentre Randomised Trial
• The Nanostim Leadless Pacemaker: Battery Failures and Worldwide Chronic Device Retrieval
Other Key Presentations:
VIDEO: Editor's Choice of Most Innovative New Technology at HRS 2017
VIDEO: EP Lead Extraction Strategies, interview with Bruce Wilkoff, M.D.
VIDEO: Current State of Leadless Pacemaker Technology, interview with Vivek Reddy, M.D.
VIDEO: Overview of Subcutaneous ICD Technology
VIDEO: How to Start an Electrophysiology Program
Expert Consensus Released on Catheter, Surgical Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation
Expert Consensus on MRI and Radiation Exposure in Patients With Implantable Cardiac Electronic Devices
Watch the VIDEO "Current State of Atrial Fibrillation Technologies," an interview with Dr. Hugh Calkins.
Watch the VIDEO interview with HRS President Michael Gold, M.D., on latest EP technology trends
For more information: www.hrssessions.org