Richard Schatz, M.D., (center) research director of cardiovascular interventions at the Heart, Lung, and Vascular Center at Scripps Clinic, speaking at a 2018 SCAI session on collaboration with industry to bring new device technologies to market. He is best known as the co-inventor of the first coronary stent, the Palmaz-Schatz stent. Left is Ziyad Hijazi, M.D., MPH, director of the Sidra Cardiac Program, Sidra Medical and Research Center, Doha, Qatar, who has been active in new device technologies for structural heart disease.
Here is an aggregation of all the news and late-breaking studies presented at the 2018 Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) Scientific Sessions.
• Derivation of a Simple Risk Tool to Predict 30-day Readmissions after Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement — Presented by Sahil Khera, M.D., Massachusetts General Hospital
• Procedural, Clinical and Health Status Outcomes in Chronic Total Coronary Occlusion Revascularization with Zotarolimus-Eluting Stents: Results from the PERSPECTIVE Trial — Presented by David Kandzari, M.D., Piedmont Heart Institute
• Length of Stay Post Trans-Femoral Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement — Presented by Siddharth Wayangankar, M.D., Shands/University of Florida
• A Prospective, Single-Arm Multicenter Trial of Catheter-Directed Mechanical Thrombectomy for Intermediate-Risk Acute Pulmonary Embolism: The FLARE Study — Presented by Thomas Tu, M.D., Baptist Health Louisville
• Immunomodulatory Therapy Reduces Atherosclerotic Plaque Burden by Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography in Psoriasis at One-Year — Presented by Nehal Mehta, M.D., National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
• Culprit Vessel vs. Multivessel Revascularization Strategies in Acute Myocardial Infarction and Cardiogenic Shock: Insights from the British Columbia Cardiac Registry — Presented by Bilal Iqbal, M.D., Victoria Heart Institute Foundation, Canada
• PROGRESS-CTO: The Hybrid Approach of Percutaneous Coronary Interventions for Chronic Total Occlusions — Presented by Peter Tajti, M.D., Abbott Northwestern Hospital
• The Abbott Post-Approval Study 1 MitraClip Registry: 1-year Results of the First 2,000 Patients in the Transcatheter Valve Therapy Registry — Presented by James Hermiller, M.D., The St. Vincent Medical Group at The Heart Center
• Strategies to Reduce Acute Kidney Injury and Improve Clinical Outcomes After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI): A PRESERVE Trial Subgroup Analysis of the Prevention of Serious Adverse Events — Presented by Santiago Garcia, M.D., Minneapolis VA Medical Center
• Discrepancy Between Physician Perception and Objective Assessment of Stroke, Stent Thrombosis and Bleeding Risk in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation Undergoing PCI: Results From the Aviator 2 International Registry — Presented by Roxana Mehran, M.D., Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Other Key Presentations at SCAI:
#SCAI2018 #SCAI18 #SCAI