October 4, 2018 – The Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF) had 15 late-breaking trials and 12 late-breaking clinical science presentations at the 2018 Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) scientific symposium. TCT, the world’s premier educational meeting specializing in interventional cardiovascular medicine, which took place Sept. 21–25, 2018 at the San Diego Convention Center in California.
Every year, TCT features major medical research breakthroughs and highlights the latest data on the most innovative treatments that will impact patient care and how physicians treat heart disease, the leading cause of death in the world. The studies selected examine the safety and effectiveness of minimally invasive techniques, pharmaceuticals, technologies, and devices that show potential to treat or prevent cardiovascular disease.
Saturday, September 22, 2018
• IMPERIAL: A Randomized Trial of Drug-Eluting Stents for Treatment of Femoropopliteal Artery Lesions. Presented by William A. Gray
• BIONYX: A Randomized Trial Evaluating an Ultra-Thin Strut Bioresorbable Polymer-Based Coronary Drug-Eluting Stent in an All-Comers Patient Population. Presented by Clemens von Birgelen
• ReCre8: A Randomized Trial Evaluating a Polymer-Free Coronary Drug-Eluting Stent in an All-Comers Patient Population. Presented by Pieter R. Stella
• LEADERS FREE II: Evaluation of a Polymer-Free Coronary Drug-Eluting Stent in High Bleeding-Risk Patients With One-Month Dual Antiplatelet Therapy. Presented by Mitchell W. Krucoff
• TALENT: A Randomized Trial Evaluating an Ultra-Thin Strut Bioresorbable Polymer-Based Coronary Drug-Eluting Stent in an All-Comers Patient Population. Presented by Patrick W. Serruys
• VIDEO: The Current State of Bioresorbable Stents in 2018 — Interview with Patrick Serruys, M.D.
• SORT OUT IX: A Randomized Trial Comparing a Polymer-Free Coronary Drug-Eluting Stent With an Ultra-Thin Strut Bioresorbable Polymer-Based Drug-Eluting Stent in an All-Comers Patient Population. Presented by Lisette Okkels Jensen
Sunday, September 23, 2018
• COAPT: A Randomized Trial of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Leaflet Approximation in Patients With Heart Failure and Secondary Mitral Regurgitation. Presented by Gregg W. Stone
• COAPT VIDEO interview with co-principal investigator William Abraham
• REDUCE-FMR: A Sham-Controlled Randomized Trial of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Indirect Annuloplasty in Patients With Heart Failure and Secondary Mitral Regurgitation. Presented by Horst Sievert
• SOLVE-TAVI: A 2x2 Randomized Trial of Self-Expandable vs Balloon-Expandable Valves and General vs. Local Anesthesia in Patients Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation. Presented by Holger Thiele
Late-breaking Clinical Science
• PADN-5: A Randomized Trial of Pulmonary Artery Denervation in Patients With Combined Pre- and Postcapillary Pulmonary Hypertension. Presented by Shao-Liang Chen
• PARTNER VALVE-IN-VALVE: Late Follow-up After Treatment of Failing Surgical Aortic Bioprosthetic Valves With a Balloon-Expandable Transcatheter Heart Valve. Presented by John G. Webb
• Prosthesis-Patient Mismatch: Incidence, Predictors, and Outcome of Prosthesis-Patient Mismatch After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Presented by Howard C. Herrmann
• TRIVALVE: Evaluation of Edge-to-Edge Valve Repair for Symptomatic Tricuspid Regurgitation. Presented by Jörg Hausleiter
Monday, September 24, 2018
• ULTIMATE: A Randomized Trial of Intravascular Ultrasound Guidance of Coronary Drug-Eluting Stent Implantation in an All-Comers Patient Population. Presented by Junjie Zhang
• LRP: Assessment of Coronary Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Imaging to Detect Vulnerable Plaques and Vulnerable Patients. Presented by Ron Waksman
• LRP Trial VIDEO interview with Waksman
• OAC ALONE: A Randomized Trial of Oral Anticoagulation With vs Without Single Antiplatelet Therapy in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation Beyond One Year After Drug-Eluting Stent Implantation. Presented by Yukiko Nakano
Late-breaking Clinical Science
• FAST-FFR: Accuracy of Fractional Flow Reserve Derived From Coronary Angiography. Presented by William F. Fearon
• SYNTAXES: Ten-Year Follow-up From a Randomized Trial of Drug-Eluting Stents vs Bypass Surgery in Patients With Left Main and Triple Vessel Disease. Presented by Daniel J.F.M. Thuijs
• MAIN-COMPARE: Ten-Year Follow-up From a Nonrandomized Trial of Drug-Eluting Stents vs Bypass Surgery in Patients With Left Main Disease. Presented by Seung-Jung Park
• PREPARE-CALC: A Randomized Trial of High-speed Rotational Atherectomy Prior to Drug-Eluting Stent Implantation in Severely Calcified Coronary Lesions. Presented by Gert Richardt
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
• ABSORB IV: A Blinded Randomized Trial of a Polymeric Everolimus-Eluting Bioresorbable Scaffold in an Expanded Patient Population Using Optimized Technique. Presented by Gregg W. Stone
• COMPARE ABSORB: A Randomized Trial of a Polymeric Everolimus-Eluting Bioresorbable Scaffold in High-Risk and Complex Lesions. Presented by Pieter C. Smits
• RADIOSOUND-HTN: A Three-Arm Randomized Trial of Different Renal Denervation Devices and Techniques in Patients With Resistant Hypertension. Presented by Philipp Lurz
Late-Breaking Clinical Science
• CorMicA: A Randomized Trial of Invasive Coronary Function Testing in Patients With Angina and Nonobstructive Coronary Artery Disease. Presented by Tom J. Ford
• RESET: Seven-Year Follow-up From a Randomized Trial of Sirolimus-Eluting vs Everolimus-Eluting Stents in Patients With Coronary Artery Disease. Presented by Hiroki Shiomi
• NEOPRO: Nonrandomized Comparison of Two Transcatheter Heart Valve in Patients With Severe Aortic Stenosis. Presented by Matteo Pagnesi
• PORTICO I: One-Year Outcomes With a Self-Expanding, Repositionable Transcatheter Heart Valve in Patients With Severe Aortic Stenosis. Presented by Lars Sondergaard
Additional TCT News and VIDEOS:
VIDEO: Editor’s Choice of the Most Innovative New Technology at TCT 2018
The Next Step in Bioresorbable Stent Technologies
VIDEO: The Importance of Ventricular Unloading in AMI and Cardiogenic Shock — Interview with Nevin Kapur, M.D.
VIDEO: How to Achieve Hemostasis With Large Bore Device Access — Interview with Philippe Genereux, M.D.
VIDEO: How to Reduce Cardiogenic Shock Mortality by 50 Percent — Interview with Babar Basir, D.O., and William O'Neill, M.D.
Reva Presents Key Data on its Bioresorbable Stents at TCT 2018
Amaranth Magnitude Bioresorbable Scaffold Shows Low MACE, Restenosis Rates at Nine Months
VIDEO: Comparison Between Watchman vs. Amulet LAA Occluders — Interview with Ashish Pershad, M.D.
VIDEO: Differences in Cardiac Complications and Presentation Between Men and Women — Interview with Cindy Grines, M.D.
BackBeat Cardiac Neuromodulation Therapy Reduces Blood Pressure at Two Years
VIDEO: Future Research and Development Efforts in Cardiovascular Medicine — Ian Meredith, MBBS, Ph.D., global CMO, Boston Scientific
VIDEO: Boston Scientific's Recent Cardiology Advances and Technology Acquisitions — Ian Meredith, MBBS, Ph.D., global CMO, Boston Scientific
Other Late-breaking Cardiology Trials in 2018:
ACC 2018 Late-Breaking Trials
EuroPCR 2018 Late-breaking Trials in Interventional Cardiology
Heart Rhythm 2018 Late-breaking Studies
SCAI 2018 Late-breaking Clinical Trials
For more information: www.crf.org, www.tctconference.com
#TCT #TCT2018 #TCT18