Khaldoon Alaswad, M.D., FSCAI, right, during a chronic total occlusion (CTO) case in his lab at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit. He is presenting in several SCAI 2019 sessions.
May 8, 2019 — The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) 2019 Scientific Sessions will take place May 19-22, 2019 at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nev. The biggest news will be from the featured clinical research sessions that highlight the latest advances in interventional cardiology. Here is at the list of sessions:
Featured Clinical Research, Part I
• A Risk Score to Predict Post-Discharge Bleeding Among Acute Coronary Syndrome Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: BRIC-ACS Study, presented by Yundai Chen.
• AVIATOR-2: Antithrombotic Strategy Variability in Atrial Fibrillation and Obstructive Coronary Disease Revascularized with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Registry, presented by Ridhima Goel, M.B.B.S
• Plaque Regression and Endothelial Progenitor Cell Mobilization With Intensive Lipid Elimination Regimen (PREMIER), presented by Subhash Banerjee, M.D., FSCAI.
• Improved Outcomes May Be Associated With the Use of Shock Protocols: Updates From the National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative, presented by Mir Basir, D.O.
Featured Clinical Research, Part II
• A Global Registry of Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR)-Guided Management During Routine Clinical Procedures, presented by Erick Schampaert, M.D.
• Derivation and Validation of Pd/Pa for the Assessment of Residual Ischemia Post Intervention - A Prospective All Comer Registry, presented by Abdul Hakeem, M.D., FSCAI.
• Impact of Intravascular Ultrasound-Guided Drug-Eluting Stent Implantation on Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease: Results From ULTIMATE Trial, presented by Junjie Zhang, M.D., FSCAI.
• Vascular Closure Device Type Impacts Bleeding and Vascular Complications After TAVR: Results From the BRAVO 3 Randomized Trial, presented by David A. Power, MB BCh.
Other SCAI 2019 News:
For more information on these or other sessions, visit: www.scai.org/SCAI2019
Other Recent Late-breaking Cardiology Trials:
#SCAI2019 #SCAI19 #SCAI