October 10, 2019 — Here are the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF) 12 late-breaking trials and 16 late-breaking science presentations that were reported at the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) 2019 scientific symposium. TCT, the world’s premier educational meeting specializing in interventional cardiovascular medicine, it took place Sept. 25 – 29, 2019 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Every year, TCT features major medical research breakthroughs and highlights the latest data on the most innovative treatments that will impact patient care and how physicians treat heart disease, the leading cause of death in the world. The studies selected examine the safety and effectiveness of minimally invasive techniques, pharmaceuticals, technologies, and devices that demonstrate potential to treat or prevent cardiovascular disease.
Late-breaking trials and science were presented in the Main Arena and highlighted during press conferences.
Overview of top TCT19 trends - 6 Hot Topics in Interventional Cardiology at TCT 2019
Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019
- TWILIGHT: A Randomized Trial of Ticagrelor Monotherapy vs Ticagrelor Plus Aspirin Beginning at 3 Months in High-risk Patients Undergoing PCI. Roxana Mehran -- VIDEO: TWILIGHT Trial Shows Benefit to Ticagrelor Monotherapy After Stent Implantation — an interview with Mehran at TCT 2019.
- Onyx ONE: A Randomized Trial of a Durable-Polymer Drug-Eluting Stent vs a Polymer-Free Drug-Coated Stent in Patients at High Risk of Bleeding Treated With 1-Month DAPT. Stephan Windecker
- IDEAL-LM: A Randomized Trial of a Bioabsorbable Polymer DES With 4-Month DAPT vs a Durable Polymer DES With 12-Month DAPT in Patients With Left Main Coronary Artery Disease. Robert-Jan Van Geuns
- EVOLVE Short DAPT: A Single Arm Study of 3-Month DAPT in Patients at High Bleeding Risk Treated a Bioabsorbable Polymer-Based Everolimus-Eluting Stent. Ajay J. Kirtane -- VIDEO: Early Discontinuation of DAPT in High Bleeding Risk Patients With the Synergy Stent — an interview with Kirtane at TCT 2019
- MODEL U-SES: A Single Arm Study of 3-Month DAPT in Patients at High Bleeding Risk Treated A Bioabsorbable Polymer-Based Sirolimus-Eluting Stent. Ken Kozuma
- AUGUSTUS ACS: A 2 × 2 Factorial Randomized Trial of Apixaban vs Warfarin and Aspirin vs Placebo in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation and an Acute Coronary Syndrome. Stephan Windecker
- TWILIGHT: Thrombogenicity Substudy: Impact of Ticagrelor Alone vs Ticagrelor Plus Aspirin on Ex-Vivo Blood Thrombogenicity in High-Risk Patients Undergoing PCI. Usman Baber
Friday, Sept. 27, 2019
- SCOPE I: A Randomized Trial of the ACURATE Neo vs the SAPIEN 3 TAVR Bioprosthesis in Patients With Severe Aortic Stenosis. Jonas Lanz
- PORTICO: A Randomized Trial of Portico vs Commercially Available Transcatheter Aortic Valves in Patients With Severe Aortic Stenosis. Gregory P. Fontana
- PARTNER 3 Low-Risk Computed Tomography Substudy: Subclinical Leaflet Thrombosis in Transcatheter and Surgical Bioprosthetic Valves. Raj Makkar
- Mitral Valve-in-Valve: One-Year Outcomes of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement for Degenerated Mitral Bioprotheses. Mayra Guerrero
- STS/ACC TVT Registry: MitraClip Operator Volume-Outcome Relationship in the United States. Adnan K. Chhatriwalla
- STS Registry: Mitral Valve Surgery Institutional Volume-Outcome Relationship in the United States. Vinay Badhwar
- A Propensity Score-Matched Analysis of Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Treatment vs Medical Treatment in Patients With Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation. Maurizio Taramasso
Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019
- COAPT: Three-Year Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of the MitraClip in Patients With Heart Failure and Severe Secondary Mitral Regurgitation. Michael J. Mack
- PARTNER 2A: Five-Year Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of Transcatheter vs Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in Intermediate-Risk Patients With Severe Aortic Stenosis. Vinod H. Thourani
- EXCEL: Five-Year Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of PCI vs CABG in Patients With Left Main Coronary Artery Disease. Gregg W. Stone
- COMPLETE Timing Substudy: A Randomized Trial of Complete Staged Revascularization vs Infarct Artery PCI Alone in Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction and Multivessel Disease - Importance of Revascularization Timing. David A. Wood
- EURO-CTO: Three-Year Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of PCI vs Medical Therapy in Patients With Chronic Total Coronary Occlusions. Gerald S. Werner
- MODERATO II: A Double-Blind Randomized Trial of Cardiac Neuromodulation Therapy in Patients With Hypertension. Karl-Heinz Kuck
- LEVANT: Five-Year Outcomes From Three Randomized Trials of Percutaneous Angioplasty With vs Without a Drug-Coated Balloon in Patients With Femoropopliteal Arterial Disease. Kenneth Ouriel
Friday, Sept. 29, 2019
- COAPT: Cost-Effectiveness Analysis From a Randomized Trial of the MitraClip in Patients With Heart Failure and Severe Secondary Mitral Regurgitation. Suzanne J. Baron
- PARTNER 3: Health Status Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of Transcatheter vs Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients With Severe Aortic Stenosis at Low Surgical Risk. Suzanne J. Baron
- REMEDIAL III: A Randomized Trial of Urine Flow Rate-Guided vs LVEDP-Guided Hydration in Patients at High Risk for Contrast Nephropathy. Carlo Briguori
- BIODEGRADE: A Large-Scale Randomized Trial of a Thin-Strut Bioabsorbable Polymer-Based DES vs a Thick-Strut Bioabsorbable Polymer-Based DES in an All-Comers Population With Coronary Artery Disease. IN-HO CHAE
- BLADE-PCI: A Randomized Trial of Liposomal Alendronate in Patients With Diabetes Undergoing PCI. Philippe Genereux
- FORZA: A Randomized Trial of Fractional Flow Reserve vs Optical Coherence Tomography to Guide Revascularization of Intermediate Coronary Stenoses. Francesco Burzotta
- IVUS-XPL: Five-Year Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of Intravascular Ultrasound-Guided vs Angiography-Guided PCI of Long Coronary Lesions. Myeong-Ki Hong
Video Coverage of TCT 2019:
VIDEO: SCAI Prospective on Key Takeaways at TCT 2019 — Interview with Chandan Devireddy, M.D.
VIDEO: Cardiogenic Shock Initiative Continues to Reduce Mortality by 50 Percent — Interview with William O’Neill, M.D.
VIDEO: Overview of Short DAPT in High-risk Bleeding Patients Who Receive Stents — Interview with Robert Harrington, M.D.
VIDEO: The Expansion of TAVR Following the FDA Clearing its Use in All Patients — Interview with Torsten Vahl, M.D.
VIDEO: TWILIGHT Trial Shows Benefit to Ticagrelor Monotherapy After Stent Implantation — Interview with Roxana Mehran, M.D.
VIDEO: Highlighting Women Involved With Structural Heart Interventions — Interview with Vivian Ng, M.D.
VIDEO: Early Discontinuation of DAPT in High Bleeding Risk Patients With the Synergy Stent — Interview with Ajay Kirtane, M.D.
VIDEO: Justification for Hemodynamic Support in Complex PCI — Interview with Jeffrey J. Popma, M.D.
VIDEO: New PLATINUM Diversity Data Shows Early DAPT Cessation OK in Minorities With New Generation Stent — Interview with Roxana Mehran, M.D.,
VIDEO: Trends in Radial Access for Percutaneous Coronary Interventions — Interview with Sunil Rao, M.D., and Prashant Kaul, M.D.
Other TCT 2019 News:
For more information: www.crf.org/tct
Related Late-breaking Cardiovascular Trials: