November 10, 2021 — There were nine late-breaking trials and 13 late-breaking science presentations at the 2021 Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) meeting, sponsored by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF).
Due to COVID-19, the meeting will be condensed and only a limited number of attendees were being allowed to attend and they need to meet strict health safety requirements. The meeting will have both an in-person and virtual component. There is no expo floor at this year's meeting.
Late Breaking TCT Clinical Trials Session I, In Collaboration With Lancet
• FAME 3: A Randomized Trial of FFR-Guided Stenting Compared With CABG. Presenter William F. Fearon.
• FAVOR III China: A Sham-Controlled Randomized Trial Comparing QFR-Guided and Angiography-Guided PCI. Virtual presenter Bo Xu.
• SUGAR: A Randomized Trial of Amphilimus-eluting Stents and Zotarolimus-eluting Stents in Patients With Diabetes. Presenter Rafael Romaguera
Late-Breaking Clinical Science Session I, In Collaboration With Circulation
• OPTIMUM: Early Outcomes From a Prospective Registry of PCI in Patients at Prohibitive Risk for CABG. Presenter David E. Kandzari.
• EROSION III: A Randomized Trial of OCT-Guided Intervention in STEMI Patients With Early Infarct Artery Patency. Virtual presenter aibo Jia.
• RADIANCE-HTN: Six-Month Outcomes of a Randomized Trial of Renal Denervation Versus a Sham Procedure for Resistant Hypertension – Impact of Treatment-Blinded Medication Titration. Virtual presenter Ajay J. Kirtane.
• iFR-SWEDEHEART: Five-Year Outcomes of a Randomized Trial of iFR-Guided vs. FFR-Guided PCI. Virtual presenter Matthias Götberg.
Late-Breaking TCT Clinical Trials Session II, In collaboration With JAMA
• SURTAVI: Five-Year Results From a Randomized Trial of TAVR vs. SAVR in Patients at Intermediate Surgical Risk. Presenter Nicolas M. Van Mieghem.
• PARTNER 3: Two-Year Economic Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of TAVR vs. SAVR in Patients at Low Surgical Risk. Presenter David J. Cohen.
• CHOICE-CLOSURE: A Randomized Trial of Plug-Based Versus Suture-Based Large-Bore Vascular Closure. Virtual presenter Mohamed Abdel-Wahab.
Late-Breaking Clinical Science Session 2, In Collaboration With The European Heart Journal
• AMULET IDE: One-Year Device Closure and Device-Related Thrombus Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of Amulet versus Watchman for Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion. Presenter Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy.
• PRAGUE-17: Three-Year Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of Left Atrial Appendage Closure Versus Direct Acting Oral Anticoagulation in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation. Presenter Pavel Osmancik.
• MASTER-DAPT: A Randomized Trial of Abbreviated Antiplatelet Therapy - Outcomes in High Bleeding Risk Patients With High Thrombotic and Ischemic Risk. Presenter Pieter C. Smits.
• STOPDAPT-2 Total Cohort: Pooled Results From Two Randomized Trials of Clopidogrel Monotherapy After 1-Month DAPT Following PCI According to ACS Presentation and Ischemic and Bleeding Risk. Virtual presenter Yuki Obayashi.
• STOPDAPT-2 Total Cohort: Pooled Results From Two Randomized Trials of Clopidogrel Monotherapy After 1-Month DAPT Following PCI According to ACS Presentation and Ischemic and Bleeding Risk. Virtual presenter Ko Yamamoto.
Late-Breaking TCT Clinical Trials Session III, In Collaboration With JACC
• SWISS-APERO: A Randomized Trial of the Amulet Versus Watchman FLX Devices for Left Atrial Appendage Closure. Presenter Roberto Galea.
• OPT-PEACE: A Double-blind Randomized Trial of the Effect of Different Antiplatelet Regimens on Gastrointestinal Injury. Virtual presenter Yaling Han.
• GUIDE-HF: A Randomized Trial of Hemodynamic-Guided Management of Heart Failure – Outcomes According to Ejection Fraction. Virtual presenter Michael R. Zile.
Late-Breaking TCT 2021 Clinical Science Session III
• A Randomized Trial of Sirolimus-coated Versus Paclitaxel-coated Balloons in De Novo Coronary Lesions. Virtual presenter Wan Azman Wan Ahmad.
• BIO-RISE CHINA: A Randomized Trial of a Biolimus-Coated Balloon Versus POBA in Small Vessel Coronary Artery Disease. Virtual presenter Yaling Han
• One-year Outcomes of Two Parallel Randomized Trials of Sirolimus-Coated and Paclitaxel-Coated Balloons in Coronary In-Stent Restenosis Lesions. Presenter Bruno Scheller.
• Intrepid TMVR Early Feasibility: Thirty-Day Outcomes Following Transfemoral Transseptal Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement. Presenter Firas Zahr.
• TRISCEND: Six-Month Outcomes of Transfemoral Tricuspid Valve Replacement in Patients With Tricuspid Regurgitation. Presenter Susheel K. Kodali.
Other TCT 2021 News and Studies:
VIDEO: Minimizing X-ray Exposure to Physicians During Interventional Procedures — Interview with Dr. Simon Dixon
VIDEO: Updates Made to the SCAI Cardiogenic Shock Classifications — Interview with Srihari Naidu, M.D.
Beaumont Uses New Cardiac Cath Lab Technology to Reduce Radiation Exposure
Shockwave Unveils First One-Year Results of Coronary Intravascular Lithotripsy
Philips Announces New Innovations and Clinical Data Supporting the Treatment of Patients with Cardiovascular Disease
Research Finds Challenges in Vascular Disease Symptom Recognition and Diagnostic Testing Impacts Patient Satisfaction
Pacemaker for Hypertension Shows Significant Clinical Impact
New Data Demonstrate Safety and Performance of Continuous Aspiration Thrombectomy With Penumbra’s Indigo System CAT RX Catheter
Top 10 Takeaways on Interventional Technologies at TCT 2020