November 10, 2021 — There were nine late-breaking trials and 13 late-breaking science presentations at the 2021 Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) meeting, sponsored by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF).
Due to COVID-19, the meeting will be condensed and only a limited number of attendees were being allowed to attend and they need to meet strict health safety requirements. The meeting will have both an in-person and virtual component. There is no expo floor at this year's meeting.
Late Breaking TCT Clinical Trials Session I, In Collaboration With Lancet
• FAME 3: A Randomized Trial of FFR-Guided Stenting Compared With CABG. Presenter William F. Fearon.
• FAVOR III China: A Sham-Controlled Randomized Trial Comparing QFR-Guided and Angiography-Guided PCI. Virtual presenter Bo Xu.
• SUGAR: A Randomized Trial of Amphilimus-eluting Stents and Zotarolimus-eluting Stents in Patients With Diabetes. Presenter Rafael Romaguera
Late-Breaking Clinical Science Session I, In Collaboration With Circulation
• OPTIMUM: Early Outcomes From a Prospective Registry of PCI in Patients at Prohibitive Risk for CABG. Presenter David E. Kandzari.
• EROSION III: A Randomized Trial of OCT-Guided Intervention in STEMI Patients With Early Infarct Artery Patency. Virtual presenter aibo Jia.
• RADIANCE-HTN: Six-Month Outcomes of a Randomized Trial of Renal Denervation Versus a Sham Procedure for Resistant Hypertension – Impact of Treatment-Blinded Medication Titration. Virtual presenter Ajay J. Kirtane.
• iFR-SWEDEHEART: Five-Year Outcomes of a Randomized Trial of iFR-Guided vs. FFR-Guided PCI. Virtual presenter Matthias Götberg.
Late-Breaking TCT Clinical Trials Session II, In collaboration With JAMA
• SURTAVI: Five-Year Results From a Randomized Trial of TAVR vs. SAVR in Patients at Intermediate Surgical Risk. Presenter Nicolas M. Van Mieghem.
• PARTNER 3: Two-Year Economic Outcomes From a Randomized Trial of TAVR vs. SAVR in Patients at Low Surgical Risk. Presenter David J. Cohen.
• CHOICE-CLOSURE: A Randomized Trial of Plug-Based Versus Suture-Based Large-Bore Vascular Closure. Virtual presenter Mohamed Abdel-Wahab.
Late-Breaking Clinical Science Session 2, In Collaboration With The European Heart Journal
• STOPDAPT-2 Total Cohort: Pooled Results From Two Randomized Trials of Clopidogrel Monotherapy After 1-Month DAPT Following PCI According to ACS Presentation and Ischemic and Bleeding Risk. Virtual presenter Yuki Obayashi.
• STOPDAPT-2 Total Cohort: Pooled Results From Two Randomized Trials of Clopidogrel Monotherapy After 1-Month DAPT Following PCI According to ACS Presentation and Ischemic and Bleeding Risk. Virtual presenter Ko Yamamoto.
Late-Breaking TCT Clinical Trials Session III, In Collaboration With JACC
• SWISS-APERO: A Randomized Trial of the Amulet Versus Watchman FLX Devices for Left Atrial Appendage Closure. Presenter Roberto Galea.
• OPT-PEACE: A Double-blind Randomized Trial of the Effect of Different Antiplatelet Regimens on Gastrointestinal Injury. Virtual presenter Yaling Han.
• GUIDE-HF: A Randomized Trial of Hemodynamic-Guided Management of Heart Failure – Outcomes According to Ejection Fraction. Virtual presenter Michael R. Zile.
Late-Breaking TCT 2021 Clinical Science Session III
• A Randomized Trial of Sirolimus-coated Versus Paclitaxel-coated Balloons in De Novo Coronary Lesions. Virtual presenter Wan Azman Wan Ahmad.
• BIO-RISE CHINA: A Randomized Trial of a Biolimus-Coated Balloon Versus POBA in Small Vessel Coronary Artery Disease. Virtual presenter Yaling Han
• TRISCEND: Six-Month Outcomes of Transfemoral Tricuspid Valve Replacement in Patients With Tricuspid Regurgitation. Presenter Susheel K. Kodali.
Other TCT 2021 News and Studies:
VIDEO: Minimizing X-ray Exposure to Physicians During Interventional Procedures — Interview with Dr. Simon Dixon
VIDEO: Updates Made to the SCAI Cardiogenic Shock Classifications — Interview with Srihari Naidu, M.D.