The latest cardiology practice-changing scientific breakthrough, late-breaking study presentations have been announced for the 2021 American College of Cardiology (ACC) meeting. Top experts will debate and discuss the outcomes of the hottest trials at ACC.21 and explain how it all fits into current cardiology practice. There are five late-breaking clinical trial sessions, three featured clinical research sessions, and two late-breaking clinical trial (LBCT) deep dive sessions to help cardiologists stay up-to-date on the newest clinical research.
Search the sessions at virtual ACC.21 meeting at https://www.abstractsonline.com/pp8/#!/9228/
Joint American College of Cardiology and Journal of the American College of Cardiology Late-Breaking Clinical Trials I
Saturday, May 15, 9 – 10 a.m. ET
• PARADISE-MI: Prospective ARNI Vs. ACE Inhibitor Trial To Determine Superiority In Reducing Heart Failure Events After Myocardial Infarction. Presented by Marc Pfeffer.
• ADAPTABLE Study: Aspirin Dosing: A Patient-centric Trial Assessing Benefits And Long-term Effectiveness Trial. Presented by William Schuyler Jones.
• LAAOS III: The Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Occlusion Study III. Presented by Richard Whitlock.
ACC Featured Clinical Research I
Saturday, May 15, 12:15 – 1:30 p.m. ET
• Results from the EXPLORER-HCM Randomized Clinical Trial: Health Status Benefits of Mavacamten In Patients with Symptomatic Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.
• A Report From the NCDR LAAO Registry: One-year Clinical Outcomes Following Watchman Transcatheter Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Occlusion For Stroke Prevention In Patients With Atrial Fibrillation.
• Analysis Of Clinical Outcomes in the Node-301 Trial: Etripamil Nasal Spray Relieves Symptoms And Reduces Emergency Room Interventions In Patients With Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT).
• Atlantis 4D Computed Tomography Substudy: Valve Thrombosis After Transcatheter Aortic-valve Replacement.
• 30-day Results of the Triscend Study: Transfemoral Tricuspid Valve Replacement In Patients With Tricuspid Regurgitation.
• Results From the Twilight Study: Sex-Specific Outcomes In High-Risk Patients Receiving Ticagrelor With Or Without Aspirin After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention.
Joint American College of Cardiology and Journal of the American Medical Association Late-Breaking Clinical Trials II
Sunday, May 16, 8 – 9:30 a.m. ET
• Effects Of Dapagliflozin On Prevention Of Major Clinical Events And Recovery In Patients With Respiratory Failure Due To COVID-19 - Main Results From The DARE-19 Randomized Trial. Presented by Mikhail Kosiborod.
• VOYAGER PAD Trial: Reductions In Total Ischemic Events With Rivaroxaban In Patients With Symptomatic Pad After Revascularization. Presented by Rupert Bauersachs.
• STAMPEDE Trial: Surgical Versus Medical Treatment Of Type 2 Diabetes: 10-year Results of the Stampede Randomized Clinical Trial. Presented by Philip R. Schauer.
• REHAB-HF Trial: A Novel Physical Rehabilitation Intervention For Older Patients With Acute Decompensated Heart Failure. Presented by Dalane W. Kitzman.
Relationship Between Omega-3 Fatty Acid Levels And Major Adverse Cardiovascular Outcomes In Patients With High Cardiovascular Risk. Presented by Steven E. Nissen.
• PRADA Trial: Prevention Of Cardiac Dysfunction During Adjuvant Breast Cancer Therapy: Long-term Follow-up Of A 2x2 Factorial, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Double-blind Clinical Trial Of Candesartan And Metoprolol. Presented by Siri Lagethon Heck.
Joint American College of Cardiology and New England Journal of Medicine Late-Breaking Clinical Trials III
Sunday, May 16, 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. ET
• The FLOWER-MI Randomized Trial: Fractional Flow Reserve-guided Versus Angio-guided Multivessel Revascularization In ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Patients. Presented by Etienne Puymirat.
• A Prospective, Multicenter, Randomized, Open-label Trial To Compare Efficacy And Safety Of Clopidogrel Versus Ticagrelor In Stabilized Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Presented by Kiyuk Chang.
• Host Exam Randomized Controlled Trial: Aspirin vs. Clopidogrel During Chronic Maintenance Monotherapy After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI). Presented by Hyo-Soo Kim.
• Late Outcomes Of A 1-hour High Sensitivity Troponin T Protocol In Suspected Acute Coronary Syndromes: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Presented by Derek P. Chew.
• Randomized Sham-controlled RADIANCE-HTN TRIO Trial: Endovascular Ultrasound Renal Denervation To Treat Hypertension Resistant To A Fixed Dose Triple Medication Pill. Presented by Ajay Kirtane.
ACC Featured Clinical Research II
Sunday, May 16, 2 – 3:30 p.m. ET
• SAFE-PAD Study: Initial Report From the Safety Assessment Of Femoropopliteal Endovascular Treatment With Paclitaxel-coated Devices Study. Presented by Eric Alexander Secemsky.
• One-year Follow-up of the Reality Randomized Clinical Trial: Effect Of A Restrictive vs. Liberal Blood Transfusion Strategy On Major Cardiovascular Events Among Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction And Anemia. Presented by Jose R. Gonzalez-Juanatey.
• World Alliance Societies Of Echocardiography COVID Study: Human vs. Machine Learning-based Echocardiography Analysis As Predictor Of Outcomes in Acute COVID-19 Patients. Presented by Federico M. Asch.
• Coalition ACTION Trial: Randomized Clinical Trial To Evaluate A Routine Full Anticoagulation Strategy In Patients With Coronavirus Infection (SARS-CoV-2) Admitted To Hospital. Presented by Renato D. Lopes.
• Inspiration-S Double Blind Randomized Controlled Trial: Atorvastatin Versus Placebo In Critically-ill Patients With COVID-19. Presented by Behnood Bikdeli.
• ACC 2020 Well Being Study: Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Cardiovascular Workforce. Presented by Laxmi S. Mehta.
Late-Breaker Deep Dive I Overview Session— Sunday, May 16, 4:45 – 6 p.m. ET
ACC Late-Breaking Clinical Trials IV
Monday, May 17, 8 – 9:30 a.m. ET
• Benefits Of Sodium Glucose Co-transporter-1/2 Inhibition With Sotagliflozin Across The Full Spectrum Of Ejection Fraction, Including Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. Presented by Deepak L. Bhatt.
• Primary Results of the Connect-hf Randomized Clinical Trial: Care Optimization Through Patient And Hospital Engagement Clinical Trial For Heart Failure. Presented by Adam DeVore.
• Results of the LIFE Trial: Sacubitril/Valsartan (LCZ696) In Patients With Advanced Heart Failure And Reduced Ejection Fraction. Presented by Douglas L. Mann.
• Pirfenidone In Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. Presented by Christopher Miller.
• Secondary Analysis From GALACTIC-HF: Impact Of Ejection Fraction On The Therapeutic Effect Of Omecamtiv Mecarbil In Patients With Heart Failure And Reduced Ejection Fraction. Presented by John R. Teerlink.
ACC Late-Breaking Clinical Trials V
Monday, May 17, 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. ET
• Therapeutic Hypothermia Following Out-Of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: A Randomized Trial Comparing Mild And Moderate Therapeutic Hypothermia.
• Prague OHCA Study: Hyperinvasive Approach In Refractory Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: An Open-label Randomized Controlled Trial.
• RAFT-AF: A Randomized Ablation-based Atrial Fibrillation Rhythm Control Versus Rate Control Trial In Patients With Heart Failure And High Burden Atrial Fibrillation
• Acute Alcohol Consumption And Discrete Atrial Fibrillation Events.
• Finerenone And New Onset Of Atrial Fibrillation Or Flutter In Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease And Type 2 Diabetes.
ACC Featured Clinical Research III
Monday, May 17, 12:30 – 1:45 p.m. ET
• One-year Results of the American College Of Cardiology Global Heart Attack Treatment Initiative: Worldwide ST-elevation Myocardial Infarction Care. Presented by Benny J. Levenson.
• ISCHEMIA Trial: Impact Of Completeness Of Revascularization On Clinical Outcomes In Patients With Stable Ischemic Heart Disease Treated With An Invasive Vs. Conservative Strategy. Presented by Gregg Stone
• Insights From the ISCHEMIA Trial: Impact Of Completeness Of Revascularization On Quality-of-life In Patients With Stable Ischemic Heart Disease. Presented by Kreton Mavromatis.
• Tailor-PCI Randomized Clinical Trial Follow-up Study: Effect Of Genotype-guided Oral P2y12 Inhibitors Vs Conventional Clopidogrel On Long-term Ischemic Outcomes After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Presented by Naveen L. Pereira.
• Effects Of Interleukin-6 Inhibition With Ziltivekimab On Biomarkers Of Inflammation Among Patients At High Risk For Atherosclerotic Events. Presented by Paul M. Ridker.
Late-Breaker Deep Dive II Overview Session — Monday, May 17, 2 - 3:30 p.m. ET
Links to Other Late-breaking Trials: