The American College of Cardiology (ACC) released a list of the latest practice-changing presentations at the ACC.20 annual meeting March 28-30, 2020, in Chicago. This includes five late-breaking clinical trial (LBCT) sessions and three featured clinical research sessions. There also are two LBCT deep-dive sessions where the experts will break down the hottest trials and attendees can find out what the impact might be on the practice of cardiology and patients.
For more information on the ACC.20 annual meeting, visit accscientificsession.acc.org.
Browse the sessions using the online program planner.
Saturday, March 28
Joint American College of Cardiology and Journal of the American College of Cardiology Late-Breaking Clinical Trials I
Session 402, 9-10 a.m., ACC.20/WCC Main Tent, Hall B
• The VICTORIA (Vericiguat Global Study In Subjects With Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction) Trial. Presented by Paul Wayne Armstrong.
• Rivaroxaban For Prevention Of Cardiovascular And Limb Events After Lower Extremity Revascularization: Primary Results Of The Voyager Pad Randomized Trial. Presented by Marc P. Bonaca.
• Clinical Implementation Of Clopidogrel Pharmacogenetics: The Tailor PCI Trial. Presented by Naveen L. Pereira.
Featured Clinical Research I
Session 403, 12:15-1:45 p.m., Grand Ballroom S100c
• Practice Factors Affecting Cardiologists' Wellbeing: The American College Of Cardiology 2019 Well Being Study. Presented by Laxmi S. Mehta.
• Inclisiran Potently And Durably Reduces LDL-C In A Pooled Analyses Of Phase 3 Studies. Presented by R. Scott Wright.
• Integrating The Effect Of Polygenic Scores, Low Density Lipoproteins And Systolic Blood Pressure On The Lifetime Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease. Presented by Brian A. Ference.
• The Role Of Combination Antiplatelet And Anticoagulation Therapy In Diabetes And Cardiovascular Disease: Insights From The Compass Trial. Presented by Deepak L. Bhatt.
• Cost-effectiveness Of Low-dose Colchicine After Myocardial Infarction In The Colchicine Cardiovascular Outcomes Trial (COLCOT). Presented by Michelle Samuel.
Sunday, March 29
Joint American College of Cardiology/New England Journal of Medicine Late-Breaking Clinical Trials II
Session 405, 8-9:15 a.m., ACC.20/WCC Main Tent, Hall B
• Antithrombotic Therapy After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation In Patients With A Long-term Indication For Oral Anticoagulation (POPular TAVI Trial - Cohort B). Presented by Vincent Nijenhuis.
• Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement In Patients With Severe Bicuspid Aortic Valve Stenosis At Low Predicted Risk Of Mortality. Presented by Basel Ramlawi.
• A Composite Metric For Benchmarking Site Performance In Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Results From The STS/ACC TVT Registry. Presented by Nimesh Desai. Presented by William D. Toff.
• The United Kingdom Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (UK TAVI) Trial. Presented by
• Two-year Clinical And Echocardiographic Outcomes From The Partner 3 Low-risk Randomized Trial. Presented by Michael J. Mack.
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials III
Session 406, 10:45 a.m. – Noon, ACC.20/WCC Main Tent, Hall B
• Apixaban For The Treatment Of Venous Thromboembolism Associated With Cancer: The Caravaggio Study. Presented by Giancarlo Agnelli.
• Rivaroxaban Versus Enoxaparin In Nonmajor Orthopedic Surgery. Presented by Nadia Rosencher.
• The Benefit And Risk Of Rivaroxaban Plus Aspirin In Patients With Peripheral Artery Disease After Lower Extremity Revascularization (LER) With And Without Concomitant Clopidogrel: A Key Subgroup Analysis From VOYAGER-PAD. Presented by William R. Hiatt.
• Catheter-based Renal Denervation In The Absence Of Antihypertensive Medications: Primary Results From The Spyral HTN-OFF Med Pivotal Trial. Presented by Michael Boehm.
• Randomized Clinical Trial Of Pre-hospital Sodium Nitrite In Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest Patients. Presented by Francis Kim.
LBCT Deep Dive I
Session 407, 2-3:30 p.m., Grand Ballroom S100a
Get more insight from key clinical trials presented at ACC.20/WCC and find out what it all means for you and your patients
Featured Clinical Research II
Session 409, 2-3:15 p.m., Room S102c
• How Long To Continue Aspirin After ACS/PCI In Patients With Atrial Fibrillation? Insights From Augustus. Presented by John H. Alexander.
• The NCDR Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion (LAAO) Registry: Review Of The First 3 Years. Presented by James V. Freeman.
• Vein Of Marshall Ethanol Infusion For Persistent Atrial Fibrillation: The Venus Trial. Presented by Miguel Valderrabano.
• Relationships Of Ischemia Severity And Coronary Artery Disease Extent With Clinical Outcomes In The Ischemia Trial. Presented by Harmony R. Reynolds.
• Clinical And Quality Of Life Outcomes With Invasive Versus Conservative Strategy In Patients With Stable Ischemic Heart Disease Across The Spectrum Of Baseline Kidney Function: Insights From The ISCHEMIA And ISCHEMIA-CKD Trials. Presented by Sripal Bangalore.
Monday, March 30
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials IV
Session 410, 8-9:15 a.m., ACC.20/WCC Main Tent, Hall B
• Ticagrelor With Or Without Aspirin In Acute Coronary Syndrome After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Randomized Evaluation Of Ticagrelor Monotherapy After 3-month Dual-antiplatelet Therapy In Acute Coronary Syndrome. Presented by Byeong-Keuk Kim.
• Safety And Efficacy Of Ticagrelor Monotherapy After Complex PCI: The TWILIGHT-COMPLEX Substudy. Presented by George Dangas.
• Radial Artery Versus Saphenous Vein For Coronary Bypass Surgery At Long Term Follow-up. Presented by Mario F.L. Gaudino.
• Ten-year Outcomes After Drug-eluting Stents Versus Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting For Left Main Coronary Disease. Presented by Seung-Jung Park.
• Ticagrelor With And Without Aspirin In High-Risk Patients With Diabetes Mellitus Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Insights From The TWILIGHT Trial. Presented by Dominick Angiolillo.
Joint American College of Cardiology/Journal of the American Medical Association Late-Breaking Clinical Trials V
Session 411, 10:45 a.m. – Noon, ACC.20/WCC Main Tent, Hall B
• A Randomized Controlled Trial Evaluating The Efficacy And Safety Of E-Cigarettes For Smoking Cessation. Presented by Mark J. Eisenberg.
• Alirocumab Efficacy And Safety In Adults With Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia (ODYSSEY HoFH). Presented by Dirk Blom.
• Evinacumab Significantly Reduces LDL-C In Patients With Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia. Presented by Frederick J. Raal.
• Eicosapentaenoic Acid Levels in REDUCE-IT and Cardiovascular Outcomes. Presented by Deepak L. Bhatt.
• Natural History Of Symptoms And Stress Echo Findings In Patients With Moderate Or Severe Ischemia And No Obstructive CAD (INOCA): The NHLBI-funded CIAO Ancillary Study To The ISCHEMIA Trial. Presented by Harmony R. Reynolds.
Featured Clinical Research III
Session 412, 12:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m., Grand Ballroom S100c
• Effect Of Sacubitril/Valsartan On NT-proBNP In Patients With Heart Failure And Preserved Ejection Fraction: The PARAGON-HF Trial. Presented by Jonathan Cunningham.
• Benefit Of Dapagliflozin On First And Repeat Events In Patients With HFrEF In DAPA-HF. Presented by Piotr Ponikowski.
• Contemporary Outcomes With Mitraclip (NTR/XTR) System In Primary Mitral Regurgitation: Results From The Global Expand Study. Presented by D. Scott Lim.
• Edoxaban Versus Warfarin After Surgical Bioprosthetic Valve Implantation Or Valve Repair. Presented by Geu-Ru Hong.
• Mavacamten Improves Biomarkers Of Myocardial Wall Stress And Injury In Patients With Symptomatic Non-Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (nHCM): Results From The Phase 2 MAVERICK-HCM Study. Presented by Carolyn Y. Ho.
LBCT Deep Dive II
Session 414, 2–3:30 p.m., Grand Ballroom S100a
Get more insight from key clinical trials presented at ACC.20/WCC and find out what it all means for you and your patients.
Links to Other Recent Late-breaking Trials: